• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zoom out? YES, milord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi Guys!:peasant-waving:

Reforged made me want to redo the solo campaign of the game, not on Reforged, but on Classic.

The thing is, I'm having a hard time with the game's overly pronounced zoom (once you've tasted Supreme Commander, it's hard to come back to a so closed zoom)

After looking on the Web for a trick/mod/tool, I discovered that you can add a custom command in the Map Editor to add a zoom command... but you've to edit ALL THE MAPS, a nightmare... :peasant-work-work:

After more deep looking on the Web, I was amazing to discover that Blizzard did it by the past! On the 1.29 PTR Version, they didn't only add a Real Widescreen support, but also a far distanced zoom.

1519292244_837161.jpg

From this...:peasant-sad:

02.jpg

To this... :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

Sadly, short time after Blizzard gets back to the old zoom with the official 1.29 patch because it seems many Warcraft 3 players complained about it (too much impact on gameplay/balancing?):peasant-thinking:

I may understand this from a PGM-Ranked-Ladder-Multiplayer point of view, even if I think, it's more a fanatic reaction than a real argument (Age of Empires II Definitive Edition has a new zoom, cough... cough..., our screens are not 19" anymore, cough... cough...)

But what's the point in SINGLE PLAYER?:peasant-cool:

So I ask to all the non-fanatic, is there a way to get the 1.29 PTR Version or a way to get the zoom of the 1.29 PTR on Classic?:peasant-rolling-eyes:

P.-S.: please don't burn me for heresy:peasant-tongue-out:

Last edited:
Level 5
I have made a zoom out/in trigger for my map.
It's a simple solution, but I think that'll work for you.
Make a Game Camera 1, 2 and 3, and bind them on a integer variable. The thing is, it'll not work with scroll rooling of the game.
Just put these 2 triggers in a file, copy and past in every map, copy and paste the 3 cameras and change (Player 1) to the player who is playing the game.

Zoom in with up arrow:

upload_2020-2-14_18-53-38.png

For the zoom out with down arrow:

upload_2020-2-14_18-56-14.png

Level 2
Thanks @Shaddark for your Tutorial but your solution is a painfull workaround (forcing player to Edit all the maps of the Campaign for a bunch of variables... it's crazy:peasant-frightened:)

If I've to go for the Hard Way, the best "solution" is to search for the Camera variables values directly in the memory to modify them.:peasant-thinking:

The variables needed are the Curent Camera Height, the Maximum Value, the Minimum Value and the Camera Angle, is someone already known what the memory addresses look like and have some clues it may interest me :peasant-bowing:

Level 5
I can't help you with 1.29 PTR version, my bad man.

But if you still interested in the hard way, you don't need to create each variable, you can go File>Preferences and mark this:

upload_2020-2-17_19-23-34.png

So all you need to do is to make the trigger one time and copy it, also make the 3 cameras one time and copy them.

To create a game camera go on the editor, camera palette, press Control+Shift+C the editor will jump to default game camera, create that camera, then just scroll your mouse up one time and create the second, one more time and create the third.

Now, the best way to do it is paste the cameras first and then paste the triggers so they automaticaly set the cameras.

So the only thing you have to do is to paste the cameras and the triggers in each map, hope it's not much trouble.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
So I ask to all the non-fanatic, is there a way to get the 1.29 PTR Version or a way to get the zoom of the 1.29 PTR on Classic?:peasant-rolling-eyes:
Thanks @Shaddark for your Tutorial but your solution is a painfull workaround (forcing player to Edit all the maps of the Campaign for a bunch of variables... it's crazy:peasant-frightened:)

If I've to go for the Hard Way, the best "solution" is to search for the Camera variables values directly in the memory to modify them.:peasant-thinking:

The variables needed are the Curent Camera Height, the Maximum Value, the Minimum Value and the Camera Angle, is someone already known what the memory addresses look like and have some clues it may interest me :peasant-bowing:
Camera hacks exist for v1.26a

Status
Not open for further replies.