• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie and Derivatives

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Zombie and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Zombie (Optmized) Info:

• Combined the Portrait with the model itself.
  • Added a neck.

• Uploaded.

• Resaved using Retera's model editor to avoid a bug.

Acolyte (Forsaken) Info:
  • Created an Acolyte for the Forsaken.

• Uploaded.

Archer (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the High Elf Archer Priest using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Mage (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Priest using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Peasant (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Peasant using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Spell Breaker (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Spell Breaker using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Swordsman (Blood Elf, Wretched) Info:
  • Created a Wretched version of the Blood Elf Lieutenant using the Zombie.

• Revamp.

Keywords:
Quel'thalas, Silvermoon

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Acolyte (Forsaken) (Model)

Archer (Wretched) (Model)

Mage (Blood Elf, Wretched) (Model)

Peasant (Blood Elf, Wretched) (Model)

Spell Breaker (Wretched) (Model)

Swordsman (Wretched) (Model)

Zombie (Optimized) (Model)

Reviews
3rd December 2010 General Frank: I think you should make the hair grey or white.
14:12, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: Work on lowering the filesize. 15:31, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: While still being too big, I decided to download the model to check how it looked like it did, how much of a role the custom texture played. This is just a...
10:03, 30th Jan 2014 Misha: again. it feels nice, but the portrait could use looking more like the unit. also that neck should be white one other thing tho.. this cape is clipping a lill with the shoulders. and also it could use different, TC-less...
09:54, 30th Jan 2014 Misha: lookin' pretty cool there.. although it would be cool if the portrait was matching what the unit wears. also that neck on both it should be white like the rest of the skin.. tweak-able? Oo nice one, Approved
15:01, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: Would've probably looked better if the armor would've been tattered, ruined, with holes.. Maybe a arrow sticking out here and there, but it's still approvable in its current stage. With some more changes, I will prob. up...
18:23, 3rd Feb 2014 Deolrin: I'm afraid that it looks too much like the original archer but with a different face. I think it requires more changes. All of your other Wretched models are awesome and of higher quality, so I think this one should fit...
Misha 18th Feb 2014 Moderator's Review: the sides of the hair aren't that connected to the upper part of the hair, try arranging that a lill better, also fix her shoulders, so they don't clip with the dress, and to move along somewhat...

M

3rd December 2010
General Frank:

I think you should make the hair grey or white.

Level 15
A good idea.
just a couple of things that you might want to fix, in the walk anim the cloak is messd up. And i'd try to change the wrap on the chest a bit, it looks odd with the highlighted bit in the middle.
3/5 for now

Last edited:

M

14:12, 6th Feb 2014
MiniMage: Work on lowering the filesize.

15:31, 6th Feb 2014
MiniMage: While still being too big, I decided to download the model to check how it looked like it did, how much of a role the custom texture played. This is just a rewrap and a far too simple one at that. beneath the head is wrapped the custom texture, the head itself being recolored. Which basically means, this is 50% credited to blizzard. 48% credited to cloudwolf and 2% credited to you.

Summarized, it's too simple. Rejected.

M

10:03, 30th Jan 2014
Misha: again. it feels nice, but the portrait could use looking more like the unit. also that neck should be white
one other thing tho.. this cape is clipping a lill with the shoulders. and also it could use different, TC-less texture, to appear ragged, lust like a mana-junkie should have. (maybe more TC on arm bracers instead cape?)

works quite well, approved

Level 9
I like the idea, however the shadows of the Dreadlord horns on the face are quite distracting.
You could solve this by using an older version of the Dreadlord skin which is still in the MPQ and lacks said shadows. :)

The path for it is

Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\HeroDreadlord.blp

Level 60
That was a nice idea, great model!! Also, the Dreadlord icon combine with this model (but is better if he have his own icon). 4/5 for approval!!

I do Icons after approval.

I like the idea, however the shadows of the Dreadlord horns on the face are quite distracting.
You could solve this by using an older version of the Dreadlord skin which is still in the MPQ and lacks said shadows. :)

The path for it is

Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\HeroDreadlord.blp

Thanks for the tip.

Level 60
Rally brilliant idea with using the skin of dreadlord as an alternative for wretched skin. Looks quite nice. Good job. My only suggest is that you whould use dark hair for him. As long as I can remember all wretched has dark hair. It will show better contrast to the pale skin of his face. But its just suggestion.

WoW's Wretched model is blonde which is why I initially chose it. I can easily replace it with the Chaplain's brown hair though.

Level 9
Hm, actually now that I look at it, the nose textures are kind of too high when you look at the model.
You should lower the textures so the textures match the mesh.

After that I think it's perfect. :)

EDIT: Oh, and rename the attack animation to Attack Spell since it's a caster unit with only 1 attack animation and no spell anim.

Last edited:
Level 14
As far as i know, in WoW, their hair is either purple or white.

Also, I suggest you change the camera angle on the portrait. To differentiate it from the priest model.

To do this, open the .mdl file of the portrait, and scroll down to the end. Here you will find Camera = {

Change the coordiantes which are in the following order (x,y,z)

Easiest is just to change y by +15 and x by -5/+5

M

09:54, 30th Jan 2014
Misha: lookin' pretty cool there.. although it would be cool if the portrait was matching what the unit wears. also that neck on both it should be white like the rest of the skin..
tweak-able? Oo

nice one, Approved

Level 9
Again as with the previous model the face is wrapped poorly, which is mostly noticeable around the nose.
Also as said above the neck doesn't look good.

Level 4
yeah another one make more <3 make pls a set with air unit and stuff so my campaign have an big update^^

and maby if your are interest in wretched buildings :D

Last edited: