• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zin-Azshari

qrgolv.png

A template of the once Great City of Zin-Ashari; can be used for a gameplay or cinematc, or something by your imagination!

If you use it, give me credits :)

More Screenhots

15heq2d.jpg

14xknky.jpg

216683-albums6217-picture86138.jpg

You need to use this: JassNewGenPack 5d for save the map!

Keywords:
Zin-Ashari, Forsaken, City, Temple, Night Elves, Elves, Highborn, Azshara
Contents

Zin-Azshari (Map)

Reviews
17:56, 9th Jul 2014 Hell_Master: Map rated 3/5 (while in fact it's acceptable in terms, I only used it as a placeholder and will be your rating if incase you'll fix the unused spaces issues and approved but if you'll both fix the spam and unused...

M

17:56, 9th Jul 2014
Hell_Master: Map rated 3/5 (while in fact it's acceptable in terms, I only used it as a placeholder and will be your rating if incase you'll fix the unused spaces issues and approved but if you'll both fix the spam and unused space issues, I'll gladly raise the ratings) and Awaiting Update. See my moderation/review as quoted below:
Hell_Master;2553597 said:
Review emerges from the depths of Tartarus!

Well, I had a quick look through the template and I must say it's looking pretty great but there are times you are going too much with doodads and etc such as the trees. While in fact, many members likes the different variations for the trees, sometimes going for much is also bad. Same goes for some of the structures and that pond which looks a bit spammed.

And I must agree on what is pointed by Shadow Fury about the small area it covers for such a big map. First of all, it increases the size for nothing and second, for the moderation part most likely a template, it's a big issue. We must always try being simple and don't go overboard with things.

For now, I would rate this 3/5 and Awaiting Update. I would suggest making the map size smaller to fit with the playable area in it OR another way is filling all of those empty or unusable spaces but it's a great risk and takes much time. I'll just let you choose from these two.

Good luck and happy map making.

17:59, 11th July 2014
Hell_Master: Map updated, fixing the unused space issue. Approved and rated 3/5.

Level 11
Let's see...
I loved the Well, the Throne Room, the terrain in the outside of the city, the crystals over the map are beautifull, those snake statues in the generators are awesome, and impressive how those Dalaran's buildings fit this, that garden, those roots in the fountains was a great idea, and, yeah, nothing to complain about it.
Except one thing, the Map size, it's 256x256 but the playable area is 108x112. Maybe you can put 128x128.
But that's not a big deal, the template is perfect. 5/5

Level 5
It's really awesome!

Edit: I like the fountain part very much. The throne room is fine and the city's layout is good. Decent fog but over sized crystals. Also another minus for this template are the Blizzard Cliffs. 3/5

You give 3/5 because just the crystals and the cliff? What's your problem? It should be at least 4/5...

Level 11
Wow, great template, I really liked Zin'Azshari in WoW when you go back in time, it's really cool. 5/5

Level 22
Level 21
A pretty strange and buggy template. Here is my review:-

BAD POINTS:-
- It's sad to see that over 60% of the map is totally empty and that many custom doodads are unused. These things enlarge the filesize a lot for nothing. I know this map was done on the UTM, but you had to consider those 2 little facts when creating the template
- The part of the terrain behind the prisons between the 2 rolling stone doors looks really empty
- There is a part of the forest outside the city which is overspammed with trees and doodads. It's the one at the right of the map. With so many doodads, I find that part pretty unsuitable for both games and cinematics (camera cannot be pointed very well to characters)

SUGGESTIONS:-
- There is a way to cut down all that blackness away and reduce significantly the filesize. Go to Scenario ---> Map Size and Camera Bounds ---> Untick "Modify Camera Bounds" and tick "Modify Map Bounds" ---> Keep clicking on the arrows until the Map Size: Full: is equal to 128x128 (it must be a multiple of 32). If you did this well, you'll reduce the map dimension by about 60% as well as the filesize
- Add some doodads in that part I mentioned above behind the prisons

OVERALL RESULT:-
To conclude, I shall agree with Heinvers and give 3/5. All issues have been fixed so I will vote for APPROVAL!

Last edited:
Level 22
The problem is not everybody has this program so it's better to limit the doodads.

That's why i placed the link under the screenshots, and it is easy for download and use. I won't remove the things because of some people that doesn't know how to use a simple program. This program is some of the most important things for know about the editor! It isn't even need to install...

Edit: And where did you see that the map is empty for be 60%? You said that has many tress in forest and that it's impossible to make a cine, but you want all the terrain covered by doodads? I really think that you need to learn more about terrain before go and give your review without sense of critic to the others Hive's member! Think about it, i don't wanna be rude with this, it's what i think you should to make!

Level 21
Dude, the 60% empty I see around the terrain itself. Look at the black boundaries, they are justing taking space or am I blind and imagining them because I see them clearly.
About the trees, they are so close together that I can't imagine that part will be used in anything.
I'm not saying to cover the map completely with doodads otherwise that's spamming, but the arena could use of some little more doodads, not overwhelming it completely
Try to understand what I say before commenting my reviewing skills.

Level 22
Dude, the 60% empty I see around the terrain itself. Look at the black boundaries, they are justing taking space or am I blind and imagining them because I see them clearly.
About the trees, they are so close together that I can't imagine that part will be used in anything.
I'm not saying to cover the map completely with doodads otherwise that's spamming, but the arena could use of some little more doodads, not overwhelming it completely
Once you'll understand those things you'll change your mind I'm sure.

It's unused area of the terrain, it isn't a bad point, as it's a template, the player can remove some doodads and do what he need/wish to do. And if i remove most of them, it will be so empty.

Edit: I thought many about this, cause of this i just take this point now.

Level 21
It's unused area of the terrain, it isn't a bad point, as it's a template, the player can remove some doodads and do what he need/wish to do. And if i remove most of them, it will be so empty.

About the doodads there is a solution and I agree.
However, the empty boundaries enlarge the filesize for nothing. If the player wishes to expand the map afterwards, it's his own choice. The map shoud not be larger than needed. For now, I see no use for the empty boundaries if not taking space

Level 22
About the doodads there is a solution and I agree.
However, the empty boundaries enlarge the filesize for nothing. If the player wishes to expand the map afterwards, it's his own choice. The map shoud not be larger than needed. For now, I see no use for the empty boundaries if not taking space

When i started to make a template, i use the bigger area as i can, and because of this i use this map as base too, when i start, i don't have nothing in mind, it's flows in time. And remove all the thing that i didn't use, it's to many waste time for me, and i didn't know what i didn't use, or the name of the file lol

Level 21
When i started to make a template, i use the bigger area as i can, and because of this i use this map as base too, when i start, i don't have nothing in mind, it's flows in time. And remove all the thing that i didn't use, it's to many waste time for me, and i didn't know what i didn't use, or the name of the file lol

I'm no more talking about removing doodads or any other object but just that blackness around the terrain. I hope you get the message

Level 30
Review emerges from the depths of Tartarus!

Well, I had a quick look through the template and I must say it's looking pretty great but there are times you are going too much with doodads and etc such as the trees. While in fact, many members likes the different variations for the trees, sometimes going for much is also bad. Same goes for some of the structures and that pond which looks a bit spammed.

And I must agree on what is pointed by Shadow Fury about the small area it covers for such a big map. First of all, it increases the size for nothing and second, for the moderation part most likely a template, it's a big issue. We must always try being simple and don't go overboard with things.

For now, I would rate this 3/5 and Awaiting Update. I would suggest making the map size smaller to fit with the playable area in it OR another way is filling all of those empty or unusable spaces but it's a great risk and takes much time. I'll just let you choose from these two.

Good luck and happy map making.

Level 30
Because of fixing the issue about the unused space, I hereby approve this map with a rating of 3/5. I will raise it further if you'll fix the spam issue. You've went quite a bit with some doodads such as ponds, those blue crystals and etc to point out some.

But congratulations for your map's approval.