• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zerg Infestation FINAL VERSION (Recruiting triggerer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Looking for a skilled triggerer to assist with Zerg Infestation (Final) triggers.
Map Preview:http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3452/11f1copywo0.png

Credit will be gived on credits screen under "Quests Menu"

-You can contact me ingame as...
ihatehippies@lordaeron/@azeroth
Desert-Hawk@lordaeron/@azeroth
I usually play on ihatehippies@lordaeron, I am in the Pacific timezone.

It's been about 3-4 years since I have made a map, and my skills are a bit rusty. 'Tis why I need help.

Also... I am [email protected] (I use msn/yahoo messenger.)

Last edited:
Hey Desert, im not too sure if you remember me, but i played with you as 13.ow.s.e.r in one of your ZI games. Ill help, but only if you promise to fix the unit glitches that kinda ruin the game, theyre the only things that keep me from hosting it like 24/7 because the games end so fast. glitches i know of are: Marine and ghost zerg have different range, SCV zerg is slightly bigger, goliath zerg is slower, medic zerg is missing its wepon unless its the main zerg. And cant forget the perma freeze on gliath's ulti and marine's perma stunning grenades.

What kind of triggers are you looking for? I can do a fairly wide spectrum of things, but nothing really really complex.

I make my own maps, so i can show you some of them if you like.

I'm also full of ideas if you would like any for your map.

Level 2
I fixed those and added guns/armor that you can pick up, which changes your model / attatches things for cool looks. I am also adding a save/load system which saves your gold(Merit Points.) With Merit Points, you can upgrade guns / armor. The level cap is higher, an I'm not sure if I should award merit points for successfully eliminating the opposing side, or for killing an opposing player. (TK deducts merit points)

Also thinking of taking out mechanical heros from unit selection, and letting people mount in them.

K, Im on board then ^.^. I don't know about loadable heros though, sounds a little odd.

I also have an idea about the power generator that you might lke: when it dies its not completely destroyed and you can get a repair kit for it in one of the armories which takes like 30 seconds then fixes the generator.

Let me know what triggers you would like.

Also; are you planning on getting new models for the zerg hero? I think that would be cool, as well as each terran hero having a zerg counter-part.

Level 2
I've got a whole bunch of new zerg models, and the hero selection is totally different. First you pick your "human form" class: Marine, Ghost, Medic, Firebat.
Then you pick your armor suit which changes your char. model, plus different advantages for different armor. Then, you pick your weapon that attatches to your right hand for different types of damage, but you can only pick from the weapons that your class is proficient in. You will also be able to jump into tanks, scvs and goliaths. (Scvs are for building, mostly.)
The items are no longer free to get. You need merit points to earn the right to pick up certain items.

You save your heros level, items, upgrades, and the amount of gold(Merit Points) that you have.
With Merit Points, you can get special weapons, and items like scopes, mines, armor reinforcing kits. And upgrades like Flamethrower level 2, Minigun level 6, Light armor level 12. (Just naming off random stuff.) You won't get to the point w
Merit Points are earned by performing the finishing blow on an enemy hero with your HERO.
There is an option for level control, so the game isn't inbalanced. type "-levelmin #" to set the minimum level "-levelmax #" for the max level.

You get one Merit Point for every opposing kill which means infected players get points for killing terran, and vice versa.
If you TK, you lose two merit points, even if you kill them with a sentry gun.

I know there will be some big changes, but that's what I have so far. I am still playing with the save/load.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, if you still need help, don't hesitate to contact me. You can do so through PM, but I'd really prefer if you just sent me an e-mail to [email protected].

I really like the ideas you're going to be implementing into the map, and I look forward to playing the final result.

There's something I don't find quite clear regarding Merit Points, though. When you say "will need merit points to pick up certain items" and "will be able to upgrade weapons/armor using merit points", does that mean that Merit Points are a figurative currency that you "spend" to "buy" equipment/upgrades/etc, or is it more along the lines of a requirement threshold (i.e. Player needs at least "x" MPs to get "y" gun)?

Level 2
Well, if you still need help, don't hesitate to contact me. You can do so through PM, but I'd really prefer if you just sent me an e-mail to dafranker @ gmail.com.

I really like the ideas you're going to be implementing into the map, and I look forward to playing the final result.

There's something I don't find quite clear regarding Merit Points, though. When you say "will need merit points to pick up certain items" and "will be able to upgrade weapons/armor using merit points", does that mean that Merit Points are a figurative currency that you "spend" to "buy" equipment/upgrades/etc, or is it more along the lines of a requirement threshold (i.e. Player needs at least "x" MPs to get "y" gun)?

Yep :infl_thumbs_up: MPs replace gold, but you don't spend it, works like "Player needs at least "x" MPs to get "y" gun."

Level 2
Hi I am a big fan of your game and have been waiting a while for a new release. I am *quite* good at JASS (looks like im the only one here....) and would love to help you with triggers also would like being active in working on the map and such just send a working unprotected map to me. E-mail is [email protected] and windows live messanger is [email protected] and i am on US East server logged on as Zerg.WTF or crazyashell but please dont PM on the forums as i never check my inbox ;D

P.S. I am good at coding HMTL (possibly could be used for webpages?) and still somewhat of a noob at C++ (idk what use this could have :D)

Last edited:
Level 2
1 - What happens to the metal on a mech unit when it morphs, since the whole thing goes inside the coccoon.

Well i think the metal lost is understandable unless he hawk could find a zerg model with medal shard (unlikily since zergs are completly biological) but you could find/create a custom doodad named metal remains and have a JASS function create them anytime you use the evolve abiltiy on a certain unit. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 2
1 - What happens to the metal on a mech unit when it morphs, since the whole thing goes inside the coccoon.

This could easily be explained using original StarCraft lore: The Zerg gather minerals in order to grow their reinforced carapaces and claws, which are obviously made of carbon-metal alloys. Thus, the metal in both mechanical and "biological" units (marines still have large metal powersuits, y'know) is used in the carapace and claws of the zerg.

On another note, I did say that I was willing to help, though I might have omitted to mention what I can do. Like crazyashell, I'm quite good in JASS and related tasks. If you do need help in that area, don't hesitate to contact me.

Level 2
This could easily be explained using original StarCraft lore: The Zerg gather minerals in order to grow their reinforced carapaces and claws, which are obviously made of carbon-metal alloys. Thus, the metal in both mechanical and "biological" units (marines still have large metal powersuits, y'know) is used in the carapace and claws of the zerg.

Haha a very nicely put explaination and its cool you can JASS since I am not the best EVER but i can do many advanced things (ie, variables, functions, memory leak fixes, ect.) So it would be cool working with you DaFranker :coolgrunt:

Level 2
Oh, and ahh, to complete the idea...
2 - you should make it so you can make the installation ally the Zerg NPCs - kinda like the targeting a player.
From a StarCraft-lore point of view, this would not be possible. The equipment inside the base is heavily hard-coded and defended against electronic intrusions from the Protoss, and would need a major reconstruction of their base programming in order to *not* target Zerg (short of simply disabling them, which would be a viable option).

Standard marines, and even ghost operators, rarely have the training and skills necessary to perform this kind of tasks, which are generally left to the SCV operators. Thus, only expert SCV operators would be able to do this kind of "system hack". From what I gather, there will be no "dedicated SCVs" in the next versions, so that would not be an option.

From a strictly gameplay point of view, it would be feasible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It would allow the Zerg too much control over Terran assets. Zerg should use Zerg weaponry and tactics. This allows for more diversity and a more balanced game.

Level 2
Hmmmm havent seen hawk post any replys for a while now :eekani: Btw I was talking to lots of ppl during some zerg infesation games as well as my clan and around 80% of them agreed that quote "a save/load feature would ruin the game's quick style type of play" and as I myself am not for the save/load feature i would glady help develop it with JASS though it could take some time and the code would need to be fairly long considering the items, stats, MPs, and others would need to represent letters or numbers in the code as well as additional numbers/letters to be randomly and correctly placed in the code so that "hackers" could not bend the code to be able to cheat.

Level 2
crazyashell, the save/load feature would definitely *not* work like that. Placing random characters in the string has got to be THE most inefficient protection ever, without counting the fact that it would actually slow down the save/load system.

Moreover, Hawk clearly stated that only Merit Points (along with, if at all, player stats) would be saved, which reduces drastically the size of the save/load codes.

Also, could you please explain the part where you would gladly help develop the save/load code because you don't like it? Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Level 2
Firstly

Moreover, Hawk clearly stated that only Merit Points (along with, if at all, player stats) would be saved

You save your heros level, items, upgrades, and the amount of gold(Merit Points) that you have.

Please read the older post completly before trying to prove im incorrect about something thats really no big deal, k thx.

Second

Also, could you please explain the part where you would gladly help develop the save/load code because you don't like it? Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Wow... not much to really expain to a person who cant understand basic concepts of a sentence. I said that I would not like to include a save/load function in the game, but since hawk feels this would be a good addition to the game I would have no problem developing it based on the fact he thinks its a good idea. Its really not that hard to understand...

Lastly

crazyashell, the save/load feature would definitely *not* work like that. Placing random characters in the string has got to be THE most inefficient protection ever, without counting the fact that it would actually slow down the save/load system.

Check out this link (key encryption section) before you waste anymore of my time:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37153

If you didnt understand his guide let me break it down for you. He uses a encrypted data set he pre-creates that *randomizes* the *chars* in strings then re-runs the string to combine with a the unencrypted string to create the final product.

But thanks for the nice comments :D

Level 2
Well i think the metal lost is understandable unless he hawk could find a zerg model with medal shard (unlikily since zergs are completly biological) but you could find/create a custom doodad named metal remains and have a JASS function create them anytime you use the evolve abiltiy on a certain unit. :smile:

oh come on.... just pretend there is a scrap of metal on the ground.

Level 2
Well I did say the metal lost is understandable :D. By the way I saw that you added me as a contact so I added you to my contact list.

Level 2
crazy, I have no intention of starting a flame war. We're supposed to work together, eh?

Hawk clearly told me on MSN Messenger that only Merit Points would be saved, a while after he made that post. If that's wrong, then his brother really likes misleading people. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, I was bringing *new* information, but I forgot to tell where it came from.

[...] and as I myself am not for the save/load feature i would glady help develop it with JASS [...]
As I believe that GUI is bad, I use JASS. See what I mean? "As", when used in those situations, generally implies that it brings a cause to an effect that you later talk about. That's why I was asking you to clarify -- it seemed to me that you would gladly help because you're not for the save/load system. Don't say I can't understand the basic concepts of a sentence. That's just random flaming.

Also, the tutorial you linked to is far from what I understood of your description. Here goes:
[...] as well as additional numbers/letters to be randomly and correctly placed in the code so that "hackers" could not bend the code to be able to cheat.
Here, if I take it at face value, you were clearly saying that we should be adding new letters and numbers, unrelated to the ones which represent the objects to be encrypted, in random positions in the code. As you surely know, that would be quite inefficient -- anyone could figure out those certain "blank" positions in the code and work out the effects of the other characters.

In contrast, the technique you pointed to works wonders for WC3 maps. Harder encryption algorithms can be made, but it's not really necessary.

If you want, I'd be glad to discuss this stuff with you. I've got a few nifty ideas for a save/load code encryption/compression system that should drastically reduce the length of those codes that players have to note down and carry around. As a side bonus, it would also happen to be much more difficult to crack, but it might be more CPU-intensive. With school finally finished, I'll be able to start testing those ideas.

Level 2
If you want, I'd be glad to discuss this stuff with you. I've got a few nifty ideas for a save/load code encryption/compression system that should drastically reduce the length of those codes that players have to note down and carry around. As a side bonus, it would also happen to be much more difficult to crack, but it might be more CPU-intensive. With school finally finished, I'll be able to start testing those ideas.

Firstly i would love to discuss anything JASS related with you as to futher my knowleage of the WE scripting language.

crazy, I have no intention of starting a flame war. We're supposed to work together, eh?

Older post -
Haha a very nicely put explaination and its cool you can JASS since I am not the best EVER but i can do many advanced things (ie, variables, functions, memory leak fixes, ect.) So it would be cool working with you DaFranker

As you can see I tried to start things off on a good note....

Hawk clearly told me on MSN Messenger that only Merit Points would be saved, a while after he made that post. If that's wrong, then his brother really likes misleading people. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, I was bringing *new* information, but I forgot to tell where it came from.

Well from what I can see he told you and not me.... so I based my posts on his older ones....

I have an idea....

light_blub.gif

Maybe we should work together on this project.
If you wanna talk to me online im usually logged on as either Zerg.WTF or crazyashell both on the US East server.

Level 2
Me and dafranker talked with each other and we both need an original unprotected map we can work on that has no compiling errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.