• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Zerg Extinction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello. This is an idea for a map in SC2.

Zerg Extinction

Basics

Ok here are the basics, the humans launch 3 nukes to 3 areas (actually playable, there will be 3 maps) to exterminate the Zerg swarm. But some Zerglings survive and now they must work as a team to survive. You will have to hide in caves from human patrols, search for food (You kill other zerglings EVEN YOUR TEAMMATES), radiation is constantly taking away your hp and you will evolve into better forms. There are 4 ''Starting'' units they will all have different abilities and stats. (Better hp and less attack -- faster movement and less hp and so on).

Maps

As I said there will be 3 maps not in the same game but they will come as expansions, and there will be even more features and stuff. Each one will have a large area that was hit by the nuke. The radiation levels in those areas will be higher, but there will be more food to find and so on. You have to risk it. Maps are based off deserts and wastelands with some camps and destroyed towns.

Gameplay

The maps will be multi-player based (up to 4 players). Each player will select his/her own starting unit. Game is also team based, but I may add a feature that enables Free For All (Where the players must kill other players and the last one alive is the winner).

Radiation

Radiation constantly drains out your hp points, so you have to find food to replenish them. There will also be ''Safe zones'' where the radiation is very weak. This leads to another option where if a player is very injured the other players can bring him food to the ''Safe zone'' and they can continue.

FOOD?

I have no idea how I could make food, note there are no items yet. I think.
But I imagine food like those runes in WC3, you click on them and they heal you. And there is another type like potions in WC3, these you have to use, they can be dropped and used by another player.

Screens

sc2-2010-04-28-23-40-29-.png

sc2-2010-04-28-23-40-23-.png

sc2-2010-04-28-23-40-26-.png

sc2-2010-04-28-23-40-11-.png

This is my first post EVER so dont kill me pls.

Last edited:
Level 5
Well, the background is weird, but the idea sounds good.
About the food, you could make the food as objects that the zerling can kill or use a skill on to eat. For the "bring food to a friend" thignie you could make a ability called (for example) "carry food" that must be used over a piece of food. When the ability is used, it transform into "drop food" and the food that it's used on disappears, when used, the "drop food" ability returns to be "carry food" and creates a piece of food in front of the unit.
It's a strange way, but it avoids the necessity for an inventory. Also, if you know how, you could make an inventory for every player with some arrays and a multiboard.

Level 1
Well my custom skill editing sucks. Even if I make everything right it just doesn't display in-game. Maybe it has something to do with unit types and that stuff, but thats not my thing, I make maps and let the others do the triggers and units etc.

Level 5
Then you should change the post name to "Zerg Extinction Project - Team Recruitment" or something like that and try to encourage someone more experienced with the guts of the trigger and data editors to join you in the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.