• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zelda Campaign by chilla_killa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello Hive Workshop,
I'm working on an epic campaign, based on the GameBoy-Game "Zelda - Oracle of Seasons". It will use many custom models, I use the Link model of N0001.

D4_8.jpg

To those who don't know the game:

Story:

The land of Holodrum is slowly withering. Onox, the General of Darkness, has imprisoned the Oracle of Seasons and is draining the very life out of the land. With the seasons in tumult and the forces of evil running rampant, the world looks for a hero... and finds Link. His quest won't be easy - he'll have to master the seasons themselves if he's to turn back the evil tide.

Link has to find all 8 essences of nature, hidden in 8 dangerous dungeons.
He will find many items and friends and strange creatures on his quest.

I've almost finished the preludium and the first dungeon.

I'm still looking for one or more partners to help me with triggers and item creation. Every help is welcome, even if you are a total noob.

Systems:

- I try to make arrow key movement
- button-click atack like in all Zelda games
- I think about a Heart System
1. Idea: Use a Custom Hero Experience Bar with Heart design and always set the exp
2. Idea: Use a multibar-system i downloaded, but I don't know how to use it because it's JASS
- game caches

Teammembers:

YeeShadow (Tester)
Nara-shikamaru
DeadZero

Screenshots:

1. Dungeon

58948d1246102851-zelda-campaign-by-chilla_killa-minecartlink.jpg

58949d1246102851-zelda-campaign-by-chilla_killa-blocks.jpg

58950d1246102851-zelda-campaign-by-chilla_killa-tipwizard.jpg

58951d1246102851-zelda-campaign-by-chilla_killa-bossfight-1.jpg

Maps:

Level 1 - Gnarled Root: 95% finished

Tell me what you think and if you want to help me.

chilla_killa

Attachments

• MineCartLink.jpg
    MineCartLink.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Blocks.jpg
    Blocks.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 398
  • TipWizard.jpg
    TipWizard.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 398
  • Bossfight 1.jpg
    Bossfight 1.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Level 4
Sounds cool, I like see it soon... just think about the lap users while making the controls please xD.

But for a Zelda... hmmmm... I think it would be better a normal warcraft view with arrow key movement and lock camara... just like must of the portable Zeldas.

And one question, is there something original about this? Or it will be a copy of the Oracle of Seasons game?

Put me in for the testing! xD

Last edited:
Level 31
Okay, that would be better in normal view.
I want to make some good cinematics and exciting boss fights and very good terrained dungeons.
But the base is the story and landscape of the gameboy game.
Do you want to join my team and help me with triggering, ideas and items, too?
You don't have to know much.
But if you don't want, I look for someone else. :p

Level 4
Right now I can't join your team, maybe just with ideas, but that's all, I'm working in my own campaign right now, so I can't help you much with triggering and that stuff.

Level 10
Hi chilla_killa. I made a Ganondorff once from Eredar Warlock model. I only did vertex editing and a new texture. Unfortunately the computer I had it stored on is dead for good, but I recommend making Ganondorff from the Eredar Warlock. It actually looked better than one would probably have imagined.
I may have a Goron texture on my Mac though, which I made for Mountain Giant. It's just wasn't nearly as good as ganon was. I'll upload the Goron texture at hive next week. Then you can judge if it's useful to you.

Edit: Btw it looks a lot of fun. I look forward to see it done.

Level 4
Hidden tags work like this (disregard the "s)
["hidden=][/hidden] turns into
Hi.

["hidden=Cat Noises][/hidden] turns into
Meow.

I loved Oracle of Seasons back when I still owned a GB Color, and I hope you can do a good job of remaking it for this engine (I can't find my game pack, it's been missing for years, and I really want to play it now :p).

Level 10
Try not to make the terrain and details too complicated, it's usually a small part of lag. Is this game going to be a single player campaign or multi player (I'm thinking multi player so don't say "duh"). Is it going to be Open (like you dont hafto follow a certain story line, you can do some quests that affect the future etc.) or Closed (like you hafto do only certain quests at certain times to be able to do certain things, like its all planned out for you)? Also if it is multi player what character(s) will the other person(s) be? Also what way will the camera be, like a Warcraft III (stratige game) view, 1st person, 3rd person?

Level 4
The dungeon looks exactly as a Zelda game xD
Very simple decoration, flat... just like a portable zelda game XD
It looks great ^^ can't wait to play it.

Level 31
Indeed this dungeon is ready, but in my opinion the bossfight is too boring and I try to follow this Tutorial "How to make an awesome Boss Fight" and I try to make custom spells for the boss, like the spells the boss makes in the GameBoy Game, but somehow I don't get how to make the boss cast every 10 sec a random custom spell. My other custom spells like "Bomb" and "Fire Seed" still need improvement (balancing and more special effects) The map isn't leakfree yet. There is a known bug, but I can't fix it yet. :p I'm also make some models for creeps that look like those in the Zelda Game, what takes some time.
It's playable, but needs improvement.

Level 2
Hello chilla_killa
I was making a map that had similiar gameplay with your zelda map and I wondered if you want to use my systems.

- Attack click system, its my custom attack system it attacks the closest unit in front of you dealing damage to it based on your strength and having a chance to crit x2 based on your agility while the same time a chance to miss based on the agility of the enemy if he is a hero.
- Arrow key movement (I didnt make this system VIRUS_OF_MADNESS did and please give him credits if you use it, but dont forget I heavily modified it so it will work perfectly on your map, making units controlled by the arrow key movement system not to move with normal warcraft III movement and attack without problem)
- Item Pick system: What this system does? When a hero comes close to an item he automatically picks it up.
There is just one problem this system together with the arroe key movement system, you cant drop items, but i think i can find a solution for that. (this system works for 12 players but for 1 Unit per player, ofc I can fix that but I was too lazy :p )

Those are the systems, enjoy.

Attachments

• Level 1 - Gnarled Root.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 4
i found a glitch on Gorgils move system, and a glitch in the attack system.

Move System:
The problem are the cinematics, when you enter the room and the Wizard tells you to put fire on the torchs, well, there's a problem there, Link, (sometimes not always) keeps going to a single direction, let's say down, Link just keeps going down, if you press up Link just keeps moving down, I think the problem is when you keep pressing while a cinematic is on, but I'm not really sure of that.

Attack system
The problem is that you can't "kill" the grass... so you can't pick up items from there.

I think the fairies should be items, like the ankh, Link should be able to used them to recover life whenever he wants, and of course, if links dies, the fairy should revive him.

The way the items appear is quite... random... if you play any Zelda game carefully you can actually memorize where the fairies are, so it just can be random.

I'm still working on my campaign, but I'm a little "hyped" for this project, so I can help you with anything you want, just send me a Private Message. I'll post here soon my version of this same dungeon, without moving system and attack system, but with some other features.

Level 2
i found a glitch on Gorgils move system, and a glitch in the attack system.

Move System:
The problem are the cinematics, when you enter the room and the Wizard tells you to put fire on the torchs, well, there's a problem there, Link, (sometimes not always) keeps going to a single direction, let's say down, Link just keeps going down, if you press up Link just keeps moving down, I think the problem is when you keep pressing while a cinematic is on, but I'm not really sure of that.

Attack system
The problem is that you can't "kill" the grass... so you can't pick up items from there.

I think the fairies should be items, like the ankh, Link should be able to used them to recover life whenever he wants, and of course, if links dies, the fairy should revive him.

The way the items appear is quite... random... if you play any Zelda game carefully you can actually memorize where the fairies are, so it just can be random.

I'm still working on my campaign, but I'm a little "hyped" for this project, so I can help you with anything you want, just send me a Private Message. I'll post here soon my version of this same dungeon, without moving system and attack system, but with some other features.

Thanks you for telling me, although those can be easily fixed.
Just disable the move triggers on cinematics and make the attack system to damage destructibles too.
The truth is that when I imported the systems I hadn't really tested the whole map. :p

Level 4
Mmmm... I was making my version of the map, but I stopped it. But I was seeing a Map of the dungeon and well... the tile just don't match.

LegendOfZelda-OracleOfSeasons-GnarledRootDungeon.png

I think the Cityscape tile fits better, or the Sunken Ruins maybe.

The way I was doing it was with the Cityscape tile, the blue squares were a Ice Crown Glacier tile, but I do not remember which one.
The main pillars at the entrance could be made with one doodad of Underground of Ice Crown Glacier, just need to change the color, as for the little squares with one of the city walls could fit, just resize them.

And I came with a lot of ideas, but I didn't write them so... xD I only remember one, and it was to use the Minimap as the main map.
When you get the map remove the fog of war, or in this case the Black Mask (you should use a black mask) and set it to fog of war, then you'll be able to see all the other rooms.
The chests could appear as neutral buildings, so the map will mark them, if you kill the chests to open them (I think you need to do that or play the animation) then those won't appear more on the minimap (I think... xD).
The Boss fight could be a simple red creep camp mark on the mini-map.
Hope you like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.