1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Melee Nation Your melee map strategy?

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by snowman990, Jul 30, 2012.

1. snowman990

snowman990

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I always wonder what kind of strategy you use in melee map, and what's your favorite race to use. So, yeah, what's your melee map strategy?

2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well I don't know if its safe to share it since I'm still competing on melee map games, oh well, I trust you guys,

Well I always play NE, and I always go to less unit more upgrades, I usually max the upgrades of my main units to join my hero, I only play with 1 or sometimes 2 heroes, I always choose DH and do a quick farm with DH 1 archer and Ancient of War. I don't want to tell all my strategies buts its a simple DH + Druids and I always harras my enemy early since my strategy can't afford to let the enemy build tier 3 units.

I know my strategy got lots of flaws but I handle my work very well.

3. snowman990

snowman990

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    OMG, I almost forgot about this post xD
    Well, I play as NE too, but my strategy is mass chimaera and hippogryph, with 2 heroes, priestess of the moon and keeper of the grove. And yeah, I always upgrade until it reach maximum, and at the start of the game I make some archers to help my hero leveling up.

4. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I take gold as soon as I can, suck as much resources as possible, and build a fortress! I also kill neutrals that has tomes to power up my hero (its my map, so I know everything:p), I also use as much gold as I have and mass the troops soon, thought sometimes I forget :/

and dont worry, I dont play against new noob fans, since they will hate the game if I defeat them: I just play with them

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well i don't want to fully expose my strategy when using night elf, but here is a clue that my friend said when we played.

Dunno what you think of that, but I'm pretty sure to myself that I'm not using mh, since we're playing on LAN.

6. snowman990

snowman990

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, I expose some of my strategy, I wouldn't tell the other one xD
    And I want to try to by1 with you,sonofjay, I'm get
    Ting curious :S if only my modem stop making lag...

7. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    I play as humans and have a very unrefined defensive strategy. I play as humans because I last the longest as them...

8. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well um, I mainly choose Undead as a favorite race and start building some meat wagons and train some necromancers with full upgrade, and flooding the opponent with skeletons. :cgrin:

9. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @UndeadImmortal
    That's also my favorite tactics when playing Undead! Necromancers flooding the entire battlefield with skeletons never gets old.
    Although they're easily counter by 'Dispel', 'Abolish Magic', 'Detonate', 'Control Magic' and etc.

10. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also play as Undead, and I mostly get the Death Knight for my prime hero, occasionally a Dreadlord or Pit Lord(Both powerful choices). And make my way towards Frost Wryms and Necromancers. Though I often differ from this...

11. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I favor Undead and Human :

As Undead :
    I rush tech and try to acquire tier 2 ASAP, so I can train necro and wagon, while tier 1, I only use fiends to creep, while ghoul stay home n harvest :p
    My final execution is creating Necro (Master) + Wagon + Frosties + Abom (which is hard but almost unstoppable once done), I go with DK or Dreadlord as first hero, and then when first hero enter Lvl 3/4 I make my second hero, the second hero is based on the first hero.

As Human :
    I will begin with Footman and focus on tier up, my target is to make an army consist of priest + sorceress + Spell Breaker + Rifleman (they almost kill everything, except Frosties of undead forces, which need to harsh micro the sorc and rifle), in addition, SE for rushing cities, I choose Archmage for First Hero then go with Pally as second, the third is either MK or BM, based on the player amounts.

12. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I chose nightelf . First, I build 3 buildings... The moonwell, ancient of War and Altar of Elders...Then i train many archers(i dont pick hero at the first wave).... I wait the nighttime and attack the enemy base. I use shadow meld when the enemy notice me. If the archers died. I train my favorite Hero (Priesttess of the moon or Demon Hunter)....Second, I train five mountain giant, 4 chimaera, 5 hippogryph, and 3 dryad.

13. Filmting

Filmting

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Humans:
    Get tons of footmen and riflemen, with upgrades. Then mass unupgraded priests when i can. Useally gets a paladin.

Orc:
    Blademaster harrash. Rush for Taurens. Useally never works.

Undead:
    Mass Ghouls with a Dreadlord. Get some early upgrades. Get abominations asap, try get some necros late.

Night Elf:
    Mass huntresses, with a random hero.

14. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    My favorate race is Human and my stragety is massing Knights,Priest and Gryphons with supports of other human units
    Second is Undead, Make Necros and Meat wagons to mass skeletons
    And ?????can't tell you

15. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My favorite is undead, I always play with CL and attack with 4/6/all of my ghouls, 2 CF, 2 MW, 2 Abominations, 4 FW, strategy: to attack as soon a posible (This is against CUP, I won against 1 Insane (Orc) best battle ever). But I never played pvp before. I dont have strategy for that.

AND I have replay, but don't know how to show it to you.

16. Darko_Darkking

Darko_Darkking

Resources:
    Resources:
    My favorite is Undead and NE (Usually I use Undead)
    As Undead :
    I calmly summon Altar,Ziggurat,andCrypt. Then I summon a Lich, lvl up until lvl 4, then rush up the techtree. Attack the enemy with 10 Necro (Master, with autocast Raise Dead), 10 Banshee (Master), 5 Abomination, 2 Frost Wyrm (With Freezing Breath) a CL and a Dk.
    Use the Abomination to tank, use Banshee's Possession to possess some powerfull unit, Necro to raise dead them, Frost Wyrm to destroy the building, Lich Froze and Destroy them, CL and DK to Tank.
    As NE:
    I created a moonwell, ancient of War and Altar,then rush the techtree. Use DH with 5 Archer until Lvl 4. Attack the Enemy with 10 Druid of Claw (Bear Form), 10 Mountain giant, A DH, a Priestess of the Moon, and a Keeper of Grove.
    Use Mountain Giant to tank with taunt, Destroy all the building when they busy with the mountain giant.