• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your Item Ideas Needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey all, I plan on creating 3-4 new items that are comparable in power to, or slightly more powerful, the Staff of Natures Might and Enchanted Armor so that those 2 items are not the only items that will help you win the game.

I would like to use some of these icons, and perhaps they could give you an idea for an item. Also these items must do more than just one thing. BE CREATIVE! If you are, maybe your idea will make it in!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnmagicbronzearmour-127853/?prev=r=20&page=2

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnbigbadvoodoo-127277/?prev=r=20&page=3

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...97003/?prev=of=rating&t=17&r=20&d=list&page=3

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...20605/?prev=of=rating&t=17&r=20&d=list&page=8

You can also think of items that use in game icons as well.

Level 9
BigBadVoodoo :

Voodoo mask (original yes -_-)

Adds 5% to the wielder when attacked to summon the Big Bad Mojo (lol) who helps you as he recognizes you as a Voodoo practicer. He can summon a healing ward, use hex, use frenezy and his ultimate spell, he jumps to ennemies and disappear in a magical explosion which deals 200 damage and stuns for 2 seconds. He lasts 30 seconds.
Also increase intelligence by 15 and the ability to drain mana (mana cost = 90) during 15 sec for 20 mana/sec.

Level 18
20% to absorb 10mana/sec and 10hp/sec. Last for 10sec.

A 20% chance to do this? On attack? If it lasted 10 seconds and has a 20% chance it probably would cast at least twice within 10 seconds of continuous attacking. However, maybe it could be % chance to regain your (or a factor of) your Intelligence as mana... Good idea. I'll see what I can do with it.

Haha this is a very original idea. It sounds a bit overpowered to me though to have the "Big Mad Mojo" (subject to name change :p) have 3 abilities and an ultimate. That's like a whole other Hero haha. Maybe 5% chance to spawn and randomly cast one of those abilities when spawned. I don't know. We'll see! Thanks :)

Keep the ideas coming

Level 7
A 20% chance to do this? On attack? If it lasted 10 seconds and has a 20% chance it probably would cast at least twice within 10 seconds of continuous attacking. However, maybe it could be % chance to regain your (or a factor of) your Intelligence as mana... Good idea. I'll see what I can do with it.

Yeah,you got my idea. It can be counted as combination of the concept of lifesteal and absorb mana. =)

Level 9
5 % to summon the Big Bad Mojo (haha fuckin name) is low and it's only when you take damages, it should be on "tanks". And yes maybe he is too strong but i thought a fun item was a nice idea, and he lasts only 30 seconds, his ultimate does only 200 damages in a middle area of effect and can be used only once. 200 dmg = 30% of necrofiend life only !

And three spells makes him harder to play when you are getting attacked and he suddenly shows up, you have only 30 sec to play with him (well he surely has a lot of life but no "imba DPS").

Level 12
BTNCWRuneBlade
Name : Wind Force Blade
Description : A powerful blade forged by zephyrus, was a powerful weapon used to control the force of storms
Abilities : 5% chance for knockback and slow effect
45-60 attack damage bonus
Cost : I would say around 175-200 gold since the best weapon is currently just 125 gold its the Staff of Nature's Might
Death Knight avalaibility : Cannot be used by Death Knight since he would have over powered attack

BTNCRNaturepotion
Name : potion of endurance
Description/ability : When used this item grants your hero endurance aura for 30 seconds
Cost : Around 30 gold since health potions are 25
Death Knight Avalaibility : Can be used by Death Knight since it shouldn't be too rigged

BTNMagicBronzeArmour
Name : Platinum Armor
Description : This item was forged by the best blacksmith ever his name was lost to the ages yet his weapon lives on
Abilities : Provides 20 armor
15% chance to deflect X ammount of damage
Provides 400 health
Cost : from 180-250 gold that should be very afordable
Death Knight Avalaibility : Cannot be used since the Death Knights armor would be too high

P.S. sorry i couldn't come up with an item for the Big Bad Voodoo thing.

Level 18
Great ideas so far guys. I have decided to begin work on Platinum Armor, which will give 20 armor, 15% chance to deflect 35 damage, and 400 hitpoints. It will cost 230-260 gold at the moment and will not be available to the Death Knight. Congrats CHA_Owner.

This is not to say I have disregarded the other suggestions, I just found that Platinum Armor was the simplest and easiest to implement at the moment. B/c of this new item, Enchanted Armor's hit points bonus will be reduced from 425 to 350.

Anyway keep the suggestions coming for the other items. I will also be reviewing the suggestions that have already been made for at least 2 more items.

Level 8
I don't know much about the project yet, so it may affect the quality of the descriptions, abilities, etc. of my items. Going to check it all out after this post ^.^

BTNBigBadVoodoo

Item Name: Mystical Voodoo Mask
Description: Considering the black smudges and scratches along the mask, it was used in battle many times, but it's power is not completely diminished.
Ability: Can be clicked for a 2 second invulnerability. Grants x intelligence.

Item Name: Empowered Voodoo Mask
Description: Perhaps the trolls empowered this one a bit too much.
Ability: Grants x to all stats. Increases armor by z. Can be clicked for a 3 second invulnerability.

BTNCRNaturepotion

Item Name: Potion of Entangling Roots
Description: Can be used against the target to snare and damage over time for x seconds.
Ability: Can be clicked to either single target entangling roots, or cause a medium area to be entangled for x amount of seconds.

BTNMagicBronzeArmour

Item Name: Elemental Armor of Wind
Description: Said to grant the power of wind to unleash upon your foes, while it's able to take quite an amount of damage. It is unknown where or how this was crafted.
Ability: Grants x amount of armor. Grants z amount of health. Grants y amount of strength. Can be clicked to cause a large area of units to take damage, and fly up into the air ((OR)) can be used to single target tornado a unit.

Item Name: Elemental War-Mage Armor
Description: Worn by the most elite, ferocious War-Mages, to be able to travel lightly, not interrupt their casting, but also be able to take hits.
Ability: Grants x amount of intelligence. Grants y amount of armor. Grants z amount of mana. Can be clicked to give the power of wind, increasing movement speed and/or attack speed for a limited time.

BTNCWRuneBlade

Item Name: Runeblade of Wind
Description: A Death Knight's blade with a Rune of Wind embedded in it.
Ability: Grants an x amount chance on attack to increase attack speed and agility by a ton for a small amount. Increases agility by y amount. Increases movement speed by a small amount.

If you need any other suggestions for other items, hit me up! :mwahaha:

Level 12
Great ideas so far guys. I have decided to begin work on Platinum Armor, which will give 20 armor, 15% chance to deflect 35 damage, and 400 hitpoints. It will cost 230-260 gold at the moment and will not be available to the Death Knight. Congrats CHA_Owner.

This is not to say I have disregarded the other suggestions, I just found that Platinum Armor was the simplest and easiest to implement at the moment. B/c of this new item, Enchanted Armor's hit points bonus will be reduced from 425 to 350.

Anyway keep the suggestions coming for the other items. I will also be reviewing the suggestions that have already been made for at least 2 more items.

Thank you for using one of my items it was hard coming up with the ideas for the three i made and i agree with you the platinum armor is the easiest to make and one of the better ideas :thumbs_up:

Level 12
posted by doron:

BTNBigBadVoodoo

Item Name: Mystical Voodoo Mask
Description: Considering the black smudges and scratches along the mask, it was used in battle many times, but it's power is not completely diminished.
Ability: Can be clicked for a 2 second invulnerability. Grants x intelligence.

His idea is the one that i would use since a 2 second invuln would not only help ALOT but would also be used to take the aggro off of you but this item would not be good for Death Knight since he would have such a high attack 2 seconds would make a huge difference :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Ah yes, i add an effect to my item (so you should rebalance it :p)
Inspired by CHA_Owner
Active ability : hex the target (tree, ennemies, critters, allies) into a rabbit or a dear (with 60% chances that the user get hexed) for 10 seconds, you can hide in the critters :p.

Level 8
Gave me an idea too CHA lol.

Hex-Mask of the Panther

Abilites: Use: Transforms you into a panther for 30 seconds. In this form, you move a lot faster, and each attack has a chance to heal you for 10% of your maximum health and deal 1 damage per point of armor the target has. 7% chance each hit. Also gives 7 to agility.

Level 18
It's really hard to use metamorphosis-type skills effectively and cleanly when they are in an item. However I like where these ideas are going.

Perhaps you could hex any unit and it will become under your control as a special unit (like your panther idea) for a period of time to.

What if it had a similar ability to Leech (Medicine Doctor), damaging units in an area and instead of leeching life, leeching mana?

Level 12
Wow thanks for the replys lol i enjoy inspiring people ;p

Anyway the leeching mana ability sounds like it would be cool too but it would have to be like mana combustion as in if unit/s mana is 0 then the rest of the damage would be taken out of health
:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.