• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

XY Quad - how to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this in a post by RDZ:

XYQuad does actually work; you can see it in the Spell Breaker's feedback emitter. However, when creating emitters from scratch, they fail. I am not entirely sure why; but butchering an existing XYQuad emitter rather than starting from zero makes them work perfectly.

By the way, that water edit was a really great idea. Let me know if you get it to work, i could make good use of that model.

I just compared the .mdl text readout of the spell breaker missile with a custom made particle emitter with XY quads. It did not seem to differ one bit, yet the one works, and the other doesn't. Gonna try to experiment a bit more with this tomorrow and see if i can get it to work somehow.

That'd be great, I really have no time to mess with mdl code as I have a lot of work to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.