• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

X Hero Siege 3.12

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

X Hero Siege 3.12 (Map)

Level 4
This is a new version, what are you talking about old....

But then again, I was disappointed with this release. Abilities that wont work (never miss) or just have no effects at all (or irreleveant) like that warlocks alternate form. Changing the speed increase values in that ability doesnt change the actual attack speed. The tooltip clearly said that its infopanel only....In other words, that ability is only usefull to give the warlock a ranged attack with splash....wow...

Also most abilities seems to be just clones of others, just improved. I won't be surprised if unofficial versions will pop up soon that have some bugs fixed and old heroes that noone ever uses are replaced..

Level 5
I tested the abilities again. Thats right Never Miss dosen't work (fixed in next ver). But Warlock's alternate form works correct. If you hero already have the maximum attack speed and movement speed (e.g from ring item or sword item) then you see no effect with that ability. Ranged attack and splash are very helpful for mass destruction.

The map is created only with standard WC3TFT stuff (no special codes, icons, model, sounds, abilities etc). All abilities are WC3TFT abilities, just modified in this map.

Hm, unofficial versions ^^. No one other works on this map, just me (I created all versions of this map). There is only one chinese translator (hanmap108).

Level 4
Well Sogat, sorry to burst your bubble but your ability of the warlock morph form is really not working (not that you would ever notice it though anyways as his max cap is at 1.1 as minimal cooldown...), as its based on the alchemists chemical rage right? If you read it correctly (the tooltips) the fields for speed and attack speed increase are only for infopanel use only. In the game itself it just morphs into different forms of the hero with different minimal cooldowns and backswing points etc (check the goblin alchemist. he has three forms to make the speed attack work). In your case, the warlock morphs into that other hero (with divine armor btw, which I doubt is good for balancing) on all 4 lvl's, without speed increase at all (to make things worse, the base minimal cooldown for that form is higher then the original). It barely justifies for the minimal splash and range to choose this option, maybe perhaps for the divine armor type.

What I meant with the other thing is, is that most of your abilities are just cloned ones. Even with standart tft spells you can easily churn out very interesting combinations (or use the new tft patch abilities like incinerate), but in this one you just assigned abilities that has been done over and over millions of times (like stampede with different art and data, summoning with different art). Even a spellbook ability as a ultimate is better then the same stampede thingy. No offense, but your originality doesnt show much in this version.

About the last one, perhaps, but none took the effort to churn different version out. With this version that might be changed as this version doesnt really bring new things into the game

Level 2
Hello , here are some bugs

First around 25% of the games I crash sometime after the
2nd wave and before the 3rd wave with fatal error memory could not be written blahblah. That happens since 2.2x I think.

Second sometimes after I kill Romero in the first special , the game does not teleport me back. On one occasion I teleported back with the scroll and I was frozen could not move or attack like the game was paused as just before the special event commences.
My allies had to kill me till I lost all my ankhs in order to be able to play

Last the game becomes extremely slow between levels 3 and 4 . Previous versions had no problems with same number of players and enemy units.

Level 5
Oh, sorry this is new... This is 3.0 (I thinked 2.33).

My mistake.

Can you think that your map is little crazy about special items etc? It is good but so big hit point numbers really needet etc? I really beat this map but still item who add eg. +10000 and only best can get is not very nice. This map is knowed quitters (previous version).

4 star.

Level 1
Sogat Nice Job !!

Yes some bug... :(

In correct ver 3.xx (pls give more heroes)

Hmmm mey u change sound in special "1"

Level 1
Sogat is correct about the extreme mode activation. I have done it and it worked for me. By the way Sogat...I'll send you the bugs that I found.

Level 2
My problem with -em is that sometime between levels 3 and 4 the game will become so slow that it will be unplayble. Usually I play full team , and by that time 3-4 players are left. So the map is full of monsters. At one point I went to the special arena (where you get the millions) and monsters from the normal spawning points had started spawning in it !!!

I really enjoy having to deal will so many enemies but the game becomes too slow :/ My PC is Athlon XP 2800+ with 1 giga ram and Gforce 4200Ti 128 , ok not state of the art but should be ok for warcraft3

Imagine that after I am forced to exit (or loose) the map when it gets so slow , and I am in the scores screen , once it took the computer 20 minutes to go to the next screen , in the mean time it was totally stuck!!!

Level 5
Pathfinding can take lot cup power if many units try find way but here is no way to reach target. Eg. too many units in the way etc...

Too much units make them stuck and it take lot cup power when they cannot move here. I know this thing.

Level 1
ok two things

1,the warlock needs a sound theme.
2,I'm not sure,but every time I play with my friends
and fill other slot with computer,there will be a
hero controled by computer appeard after a short while,but not a strong one ,he might kill only one
or 2 enemies

Level 5
OsamaBinLaden: to many units, kill faster or close ways (destroy buildings). I will think about a remedy.

hanmap108: 1: ops, I forgot it (he has no standard sound set). 2: you right (auto cleanup after 3 minutes).

Level 2
The problem is that usually I cannot leave the castle undefended to go kill barracks cause I will loose instantly. I believe that -buy tomes commands should return...

Anyway I will try your advice maybe I should close ways after all .

And thnx for your great map Sogat its the reason I am playing Warcraft 3 :)

Level 2
Its really is a nice map !!!... always busy drinking potion and casting magic.... but there is a few thing to look on...

v3.0 still have the same bug like v2.33 when using Lich will coz the .exe crash in some point... sogat i think u need to fix that one...

glad that u added 4 new hero but their skill/magic could be improve does not really stand out...

also i have a problem when playing solo... i get to face 2 special arena at the same times... it happen when u play solo... u get 2k kill slightly faster than the special arena time... then u will fight the footmen first after a few second when the special arena countdown reach u will fight MK and footmen together... maybe u should stop the special arena countdown when someone already enter it... so that both wont meet together...

spawn/creep stuck/stop causing the game lag....

when there is a new version can u list out what have been change in more detail... like if u change some hero skill can u let us know which hero is it ?

also i found that after u kill the hall of dead it drop a flag ... description wrote to use to enter special stage ... can u let me know how to use it ?

lastly i think the guide was insufficient... but it still a very very very nice MAP !!!!!

Level 3
I only played a couple heroes so far.
Blademaster as in every survival map is a fucking god.
Warden is very nicely balanced can hold the fort very well.

Bloodmage is weird. I played two versions today. In version 2.33 immolate was really good, and in version 3.0 immolate was fucking weak. Radius was better in 2.33. The breath of fire could use a shorter cooldown. The circle rocket explosion thingy is more powerful in 2.33 it seems. Maybe the enemies are weaker I dont know. In both versions the rockets thingy radius needs to be doubled. Blood Mage is so weak dies increadibly fast, needs his spells to hit the units and kill them, he cannot kill them without spells. The bird is awesome, but it should either do AE damage or needs its attack speed raised, cause it attacks hella slow.
These are just my oppinions. Blood Mage is probably the weakest hero on your map, he needs a fixing.
For the immolate, in 2.33 it reaches far enough to hurt fiends, in 3.0 it doesn't even reach hunts. Weak.

Oh, and probably the BIGGEST downfall to any AE caster like the Bloodmage and archemage is that their AE attacks don't hurt air units. Please change ALL spells to hurt air units. As soon as the dragons attack I have to retreat and call for help from God(whoever got the BM).

Level 3
One more thing Sogat.
They ask you to add new heroes.
I say, why add even more heros when you have heroes that nobody ever uses? Work on making all your current heroes useful first.

If they are caster, make sure they AE stun and several very powerful AE damage spells with wide radius. Also give them pets because they cannot take damage well. Blood Mage is a good example of what casters should be like.

Agility melees should have damage return or immolate/disease cload. High damage, really fast attack, and have really high armor.

Strength melees should have like super evasion, do ae damage like the pit lord and have a few good ae spells like shockwave or warstomp.

Just my suggestions! Love your map! Wish I could open it and work on the heroes myself, email me if you want some help!
[email protected]

Level 4
Sogat: I cant really use email to send,know of a better place or maybe msn? I extracted your object data of the map so I was busy fixing some things in that. (Example, DH still crashes, there was a small chance that his base damage modifier from 0 to 1000 could be it. I replaced it for metaform lvl 1 and 2 with 1000+ and 2000+ damage modifier abilities. Removed that basedamage morph. Would be more stable now). I could just send you the object data (Note: some spells require that the map is saved in latest patch mode, otherwise the new defend ability (which I based a spell on) will not work.

IMO they should just remove the heroes that are just duplicates of eachother or are just too weak. Examples are that Naira hero (jaina Hero), the riflegunner (basically the same as the archer but way weaker) and that bloodmage (really he has no survival capabilities at all).

You should opt to bring some custom stuff in that are small like icons/custom models and remove the big but useless stuff in your map (like shadows data etc, there were two unknowns in your map, dont know what they are but one of them was 200kb, you could remove that one, depending what it is)

Level 5
all:
Ok, It's time for balancing ^^

chitchat:
You get the 2k kills befor special event only when you open more ways. Single player mode will be a little bit optimised for opening of more ways. Just sell the flag for 10k gold (no other function). The description of the flag is standard of WC3.

Hokibukisa:
Yes I agree. Balancing and fine tuning of the map is better then more new stuff (at the moment).

hanmap108:
Some problems with selection system special for this map at the begin of game. But I work on it.

Cookie:
Ok, send it plz. The map is clean ^^. Not used stuff completely removed (except not used standard stuff). I think the "unknowns" comes from the map protector.

Level 3
Some more suggestions about air units and magic immunity.
Magic immunity needs to go. Some units are totally worthless against magic immune critters.
Instead of immunity, use alunes grace to make them resistant if need be.

I think some AE spells cant hit air units but im not sure. Immolation and rockets cant hit air im pretty sure. Maybe you can replace all air units with ground units and use an air model and change the height to make them look like their flying and lower their collision size to 0.

Level 2
thx sogat... for the reply... cant wait for the newer version... i always tend to kill slower not to reach 2K so i will meet MK first... but i think the flag actual value is just 1k despite written 10K... if i am not mistaken.

cookie : i think bloodmage is fine... i been using it lately... all his skill are magic spell and is good for killing heroes in special arena or special stage hehe... but been losing lately... the hero survive but not the castle :( ... but i think phoenix need to be stronger hehe.. another hero i always wanted to use is Lich but due to crashing bug i can't ... i suspect is the Lich spell of summoning the golem... maybe should just replace it with other summon

Level 3
I agree bloodmage was good in 2.33 besides the inability to kill air units.
Its a lot harder now that immolate is of worthless radius and im pretty sure the enemies have more HP now cause the rockets spell doesn't seem to be as powerful as in 2.33.
Hes a fun hero because its hard to keep him alive when hes getting beaten on, but the awesome abilities makes it possible. Well, against ground units and non-magic immunes anyways.

Level 1
I play this map a lot as multiplayer and I have to say that in the end game, only heroes with critial are useful.

So Blademaster, Dryad & Arthas are the best heroes. Other heroes don't even come close.

Ranger is very useless because she doesn't have good AoE spell early on and later the attack is very weak, because she didn't make money.

In special stage with the stun golems, it is very tough for heroes without summons or magic immunity. (Blade master has summons (images) and immunity (Bladestorm)), Dryad becomes magic immune at 20 and Arthas has divine shield+cleave. Heroes like Sorceress (Monsoon is v nice :) ) or Ranger are almost perma stunned and cannot make money.

Otherwise, good job on this nice map. I enjoy it.
(There are still some skills descriptions in German. Translate into English plz?)

Level 1
Not quite sure what happened. But for one reason or another, I seem to be running into more bugs with this version(3.03), as opposed to the previous(3.0).

Level 2
wcil : hmm i dont think so... winning the map is more depend on the item u get at special stage or arena... those hero u mention have hard time killing those hero at arena.. especially footmen hero when u reach 2k kill... because they dont have high damage spell.. i think marine still the best.. can solo with it with all way open easily... warden... bloodmage... also can... regarding the golem stun at special event.. i suggest u buy the furl bear summon at the castle .. put them infront and ur hero stay at the back so u wont get stun permanently... or u can get the necklace of imunity easily... but i think imunity does not stop the bash... if not wrong bash does not consider magic.. hehe..

rip: wat kinda bug u encounter ?? i am very disappointed that i still cannot use lich !!!.. such a nice hero i am sure i can solo with lich... but always got the exe crash...

sogat: sogat !!! sogat !! erm can let us know what kinda things u have fix from v3.0 to v3.03 ?? kindly post some detail of changes hehe...

Level 2
The bug with Ramero is still there in 3.03...i have saved a replay of my game where I go to the special to fight him and he leaves!!! And I am left stuck in the arena and I have to use the teleport scroll to return to
castle.

Level 3
Sogat mach den spell Stille weg der bringt bei der map überhaupt nichts!!
Sorry i didnt know that spell in English. Another fact is that only the Blademaster can fight at the end because he have the ultimate items. When i played last time i tried to attack one enemy and it killed me with 1 slap.
Also you should increase the Castle's hitpoints during the game because when the stronger waves are coming you dont have the time to walk there. The castles is already destroyed when you arrive at the spawn point.

Level 5
chitchat: Changes in v3.04 from v3.0.
1. All bugs listed here or sended to the support e-mail that i can fix are fixed in this version.
2. Added dialogs for game options at begin of game.
3. Added level selecor for extreme mode (level 1 to 4).
4. Automatic closing of ways for extreme mode.
5. Modified the abilities of the most heroes.
6. Added some secrets.
7. The stats of all units and heroes are modified to prevent disconnect problem.
8. Many detail changes, can't remember :) (no documentation, hehe).

OsamaBinLaden: known problem. I hope it is fixed in v3.04.

BladeKiller: Stille ist gegen die Bosse gedacht. Ist auch sehr hilfreich in den Special Events.
One attack kill comes from Cleaving Attack Bug (since WC3TFT patch 1.17). Nearby units of a attecked unit are killed with one attack (but not the attacked unit). Sorry, I can't fix it at the moment.

Level 2
sogat : wow new version... new secret added COOL !!!... any hint ? hahha.. anyway thx for the detail hehe.. maybe a little bit more detail on changes on hero part hehe.. if u change their skill hope u can let us know which hero coz we dont have to try each and every hero to find out which hero skill changed haha... ok maybe i am asking too much hehe.. very sufficient now hehe.. more game tonight hehe...

bladekiller: blademaster really a strong hero after the special event stage but is very hard to play when u have less player... although i kinda agree that the castle got destroy easily... but is kinda challenging and i having fun with it hehe... most of the time is the lag that cause me to quit than seeing castle got destroy...

Level 2
I did not encounter the Ramero bug in 3.04. However I encountered the other bug: After the special arena that gives the lighting sword , my ally was teleported back to the castle and he was completed frozen. He could not move or attack or anything. I had to kill him , after that he was ok. That has happened to me in the past but the had to kill me 3 times ( I had 3 anks) in order to be able to move again.

Level 2
SOGAT SOGAT !!! hey i cant seem to find the secret u added as mention haha... couldnt see any different or any clue in game hehe... can tell what is the secret ?but seem that u fix the lich crash bug... NICE JOB !! THX MAN !!!

Level 2
hmmm mini ghost ? where did u found it ? erm i use iseedeadpeople code i only saw there is 4 hero standing with arthas... yea the same hero 4 hero at each corner at final attack... but i didnt get to fight them when i reach arthas....

Level 5
chitchat: the 4 heroes near Arthas are the same at final wave (teleport at final wave). Sorry, at the moment the secret are not described (just for testing). But in next version will be. Bugfix for Lich is only for testing (I don't know if it work or not).

hanmap108: right, play as final boss (ghost) is one of the secrets.

Level 1
Anyone know about a bug with the Lich with version 3.04. When entering the 2nd special arena to make money the game seems to crash all the time. It always happens when attacking to cast Frost Nova on the units. Its happens quite alot during the normal parts of the game as the game crashes and gives a "Memory cannot be read error". Anyone know about this as I have been unable to make it past the initial waves of the game any further because of this. Furthermore the waves of ghouls after the initial waves of the game spawn much to fast for a 1 player game. I got stuck fighting them forever and cannot get past them with the Paladin.

Level 2
eusira: no no those are not cheat.. just bug blizzard left behind hehe... =Þ~~

hanmap: help help !! where did u find the mini ghost ? explain explain teach teach advice advice hint hint... hehe

Level 2
gares: really hmm.. never encounter... i did use lich also ... maybe because when i reach the special stage i didnt cast nova hehe... i go back and try later...

Level 1
ChitChat: For other heroes, I have to play it like 1:45 - 2 hrs to win. Arthas / Blademaster have divine shield / windwalk (images) and can easily defeat the arena heroes for Lit Sword etc. Very easily. You don't need a nuke because Crits are all you need. I have finished the game within an hour with the Blademaster and Arthas. (Yes, they're that good). BM might be a bit slow in the beginning, but with windwalk / images he can kill his mirror image at level 2, gaining the very good +100 boost to all, which is just what he needs to make the rest of the game a breeze.

I will try the furbolg trick in the special arena, though.