• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[wxWidgets] Need help choosing right control class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hello,

One of my current projects is simple protein sequence editor with wxWidgets libs usage. Project is written in codeblocks. Language used: c++

Picture below shows an example of such editor:
2m7vgbd.png

To explain a bit whats picture shows (thus making problem understanding easier):
- simple menu
- left window > sequence names
- right window > amino sequences (corresponding to the name on the left)

TBH, I've started this project lately, and have to say that even that I've managed to create left part (listbox creation + added the extracted seq names) the right (2nd part) is black magic for me so far.
I've tried working with combined NoteBook and Grid members, yet I don't believe this is the right choice.
Dont lose your time for understanding the sequence. It's FASTA format where seqs names start with: ">(name here)" and there goes up to 60 character lines of given sequence for current object.
With help of wxRegEx class, extraction of names and sequences wasnt hard.

Question is, how do I add extracted sequence (let it be member of wxString)
to the control (which control should I choose?) in such way, that they are arranged in kind of colums (as you can see in the picture).

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.