• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WTH has happened to my WC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, guys i wanna ask that my Warcraft 3 had become strange.
I patched it to 1.24b and then i found this program called Warrafy Version Switcher and i patched down to 1.22 and back to 1.24b then OMG The start screen which is Frozen throne is replaced by arthas! It didn't happened before when i patched to 1.24b. Can someone explain?

Level 30
The start screen is in fact, a large-scale model.

By editing a value in the MPQ, you can change the start-screen to whatever model you want :) The MPQ is the file which contains all the models and textures Warcraft III uses.

Chances are the program you used also edited a value in the MPQ causing your start screen to switch to a different model :) I wouldn't worry, doing this does not harm Warcraft III in any way, its merely an aesthetic thing :)

I believe the new start-screen model your seeing is the undead campaign screen for TFT which is quite popular as a start-screen :p

Hope this helps!

Level 2
its easy i tried it now and it works, you need MPQ editor (you can dl it here in hive) and open war3x.mpq go UI/Glues/MainMenu/MainMenu3d_exp/ and here rename MainMenu3d_exp.mdx to something (MainMenu3d_exp-backup.mdx for example)
now you must go back 2 times (UI/Glues/) and go to SinglePlayer choose race that you want and export that only 1 mdx file in directory somewhere and rename it to MainMenu3d_exp.mdx (case sensitive) now go back to UI/Glues/MainMenu/MainMenu3d_exp/ and add that extracted and renamed file inside... now you can enjoy nice main menu screen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.