• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wrong camera position at startup (TD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys!

Today i'm having the first problem that cant be solved by reading TD tutorials :cry:

If there is more than one player on my map, the camera positions are swapped. Player one first sees player two's builder and two sees player one's builder (starting position).

Why does that happen? I've set all starting positions and builders manually. I also removed all positions, saved, set them again and saved again - didtn work... :cry:

it's only a disfigurement, but there are a few maps with and a lot without this bug - so there must be a way to solve this problem :)

So it's time to ask the experts(you guys out there) for help :smile:

Level 3
AAh okay :hohum:

ok... so let's check if i got it:

i have to create the builder at startup (map initialization or after 0.00seconds?)
and move the camera of each player to its position? (init or time elapsed?)

Level 3
whily clicking 'round and talking to a friend he told me how he maybe solved the camera problem.
there's an option in the player-properties window. We're using the german editor so its "Feste Startpositionen" - something like "fixed starting positions". I dont know why this has solved my problem (doesnt sound like it's affecting cameras) but it works too :)

Level 3
the reason that it has fixed your problem i because, the start location is an area where the players camera is at the start of the game. so if it is not enabled the start location for the player a random one on the map.

Level 3
aaah okay :) now i got it!

so the "unit" called "starting postion" is just to mark this fixed position just in case if it's enabled? :cute:

Thank you for your answers

Level 3
Okay thank you very much :) finally everything works and i can continue creating towers and stuff ;)

For the Mods: THIS THREAD IS SOLVED :)

EDIT: oops, sorry didnt see that the prefix has already been changed! (although i've not contacted a mod or posted that this is solved, like the board rules want me to :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.