• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WOW Rip models?? Allowed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So i want to add Rip wow models into my map,as far as im concerned Blizzard himself has no problem with this cause if they do then people would already have their ass punish,cause this is their game,so in sense people just rip Blizzard models from different Blizzard game to be used in other Blizzard games..but In the Hive is this permissible or is it a no go? (personally i think its a go-for-it-baby)

(additional question: is it "already have" or "have already"?)

Level 18
I think that there is no problem to use a wow rip model in a map. In fact, it makes it more nice. See IceBorn, by APproject (the best example I think...), and they are a lot of other maps that use these models. The only thing is that you can't upload them on Hive, only icons are sometime allowed.

Just look at all the warcraft 3 related websites where you can download these models, you can use them in your map.

Level 3
I think that there is no problem to use a wow rip model in a map. In fact, it makes it more nice. See IceBorn, by APproject (the best example I think...), and they are a lot of other maps that use these models. The only thing is that you can't upload them on Hive, only icons are sometime allowed.

Just look at all the warcraft 3 related websites where you can download these models, you can use them in your map.
Okay,understood,u can use them in your map but cant upload them..thank for clarifying :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WoW models should even be allowed in the model section as long as you properly credit Blizzard for creating them and that you heavily optimize them for Warcraft III. Specifically most models need to have their textures down-sampled and meshes simplified. Direct ports are almost certainly going to be rejected.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Status
Not open for further replies.