• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Map Idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok I was playing Molten core last night and had an idea. It was to make alot of the WoW Instance and raid maps with save/load trigers so you could level your hero through a multitude of different maps to the fabled lvl 60 while collecting the varius rewards and different weapons and armours.

The only thing i would really require for this project is somebody to take screenshots and maybe videos of the various places and a good modeller and skinner for the bosses.

Anyone think this is a good or bad idea? (Say why please) and any people that can do the needed parrts please reply.

Level 3
Yes i understand it will have to have something special for it to stick it out from all the other WoW maps. The only problem i have at the moment is trying to add and remove abilities from a spell book, any ideas anyone?

Level 6
spellbooks are some very 1337 stuff ^^
i truly love them. It's a shame that not many use them as often as they ought to.
^^

so i'll give you a quick n dirty instoduction into using spellbooks.

first you need to know that spellbooks only are a list of spells. That is quite obvicious but nevertheless i mention it.

second you need to know, that all spellboocks with the same 'ID' share their spells.

therefore, if you have a spellboock 'bible' conaining 'heal' and 'bless'
and one 'cursed bible' containing 'curse' and 'blind'
if you now add those two abilities to one hero he will be able to access all 4 abilities from any one of those two spellboocks. Unless you change the 'ID's so they are different from oneanother

next you need to know that spells disabled via the 'player - disable ability for player' command are not disabled but only invis.

Now lets combine:
create an empty spellboock

create a spellboock for each spell you want to add to that spellboock (max spells = 1, min spells = 1 spelllist containing only 1 spell)

now disable the single-spell-spellbooks

from now on, you can simply add those single-spell-spellbooks to a hero/unit and within his 'empty' spellbook with the same 'ID' all the spells will show ^^

i hope this introduction was understandable. If not, just ask.

- Raszul

Level 3
Ok I think i got most of that, but i need a way to make them level. So far im come up with the idea of when the hero learns the spell from the abilities menu (Can you use spell books in there?) it adds or enables the spell in the spell book and remove the spell in the hero interface. Also bear inmind im going to be having like 50 + Abilities per hero without Profesions.

Level 3
I already have a 100 slot bag ability i found in the spells section. All i would have to do is add the custom items, although you would only be able to save the stuff in your inventory not bag or the save code would be to long.

Level 5
Not to discourage you or anything, but I personally think that ALL WoW maps have not been the greatest. Plus why not just play the REAL WoW?.....lol

I mean so many maps have been made to imitate WoW, and plus real WoW has many more players to interact with, custom models, underwater, swimming, (and not to mention unlimited file size for online playing, which unfortunately Warcraft has :(". I think the only way a WoW RPG could be good was if it was online.

Level 3
the only way of making people want to play again, is make it exactly WoW, atleast units, skills, and MODELS, but just with like...1 or 2 WoW models exceeds bandwith thingy...

Status
Not open for further replies.