• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

unfinished everquest map revived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, i started a everquest map a long time ago and don't know really why but since i've never finished one of my maps i decided i'de go and finish this one.

I have alot of things down like instanced fights, fishing,alchemy, ALOT of custom triggers dealing with a variety of things, epic quests, etc. Thinking I could ask you guys what would be interesting to have in a RPG map thats eq related if you'v played the game.

The newest idea that will be fun making will be pre-made random generated dungeons for missions to complete like lost dungeons of norrath. Not sure how ill do the rewards yet, like dungeon points or regular drops maybe based on highest lvl in the dungeon.

Have about 50% of the map to be completed, and about 60-70% of the instanced battles to made with afew new skills needing made with current ones being added to.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated :).

Level 7
god fights

Already have 4 of those :). 3 are fully triggered and already workable. Rallos Zek, Sayrn's, and one I kinda mixed up with the BoT boss. Hedge Maze is almost completed now to, just need to finish revamping the boss and adding a couple triggers to it. :)

Level 7
faction-city

Major Towns already are halfway finished :). That faction is going to take some creative thinking though lol. I never actually thought of that yet. Could make it save over with chars just like gold-items etc. So if you kill freeport militia,save and quit, the next map you'll load you'll still be dub-kos on that character.

Thats an interesting concept. I'll try it out this week and see how it goes.

Level 7
Glad to help :)

I'll try to think of more stuff, caus I really wanna help this out. I used to love EQ :)

Level 7
New addition

I don't want to give to much info out on this idea, but how does incorporating some lost dungeons of norrath into the map sound? Points on completion used to buy special items at the LoTD merchant?

I've just came up with that yesterday and think it sounds fun. I think that could be a nice feature to put in.

Just thought I'de throw this in to but I've recently been comparing my map to beta maps and they all make mine seem like one thats been completed for months lol. That's probably due to the fact I started this map around 3years ago >.<.

*Aw, I just remembered when i had 25% of it done and had it wiped due to a tech problem*
***Always save your maps on a secondary location like email,cd, or another computer*** Thats just plain logic but it happens. I had some really nice terrain wiped :(, but luckily I did have my layouts down on paper to recall on.

Last edited:
Level 7
lol, sorry to hear that.
Anyways, LDoN sounds awesome.

You can make the LDoN points lumber, and make triggers where when you finish a dungeon you gain a certain amount of lumber :)

Level 7
:)

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I don't have much time to try it out tonight with school in the morning but i'll go ahead and get my merchants up and find a nice new icon for that dungeon point spot.

*Noticed I sorta repeated a msg with another post, was getting late in the nite lol**

Last edited:
Level 7
Map Size issue

Alright, I was leaning on all major cities and everything but i've only been able to fit barely 3 in their fairly comfortably. I've never tried it but Im thinking scaling down everythhing could fix this.

Mainly I just need an opinion for who's done this with a 480x480 to make it gigantic, since, everquest is gigantic. If I do this, I'll actually be able to get all the cities and hopefully the ocean in for boat trips across the world like I first intended.

I believe the main pro and con is: Scaling down equals more terrain to explore, more features and playability-Cons would have to be it would take x2,x3,etc longer to complete, lag could be an issue, if the layout is not done right it could be a real chore moving across.

All ears to some opinions?

Level 7
DO NOT use WEU under ANY circumstances. TRUST ME.

Anyways, what you should do make the zones and cities smaller, that will help a lot. Scaling Down wil also help :)

Anyways, I have a question... can I pelase help you with this map? I LOVE EQ and I had be honored if I could help you with it :)
I swear, I will not screw you over or anything ;)

Level 7
weu and help

Thanx for the tip. I take it thats a stability issue? I have intalled weu but i never used any of its features, just saved under it. Hope that doesn''t mess anything up.

About the help, I was trying to see if I could finish it by myself, since most fun-large maps are made by a small team and would be a rare treat to tell but I don't think i'll ever finish by myself lol. I just finished my first LoTD dungeon working at 100% with a merchant and items selling under dungeon points.

Sure I don't mind the help. I really haven't put it out for beta since i like presenting everything about finished lol. I'll need about 1 week maybe 2 since im going to put it out to
1. patch up all hero's
2. get freeport from notepad paper to map,
3. atleast 1 specific quest for each class
4. work on completing pally epic .5-1.0
5. finally get lavastorm done
6. revamp halas (its boring)
7. add more recipes for alchemy,blacksmithing, and get fletching in
8. pets need re-stated.
9. Hedge maze needs a couple extra triggers
10. Some Deity battles were to easy with 10 hero's, (not sayrn lol,)
11. Commonlands and the barrens need population
12. Finish .1 of the permafrost war

With that finished it should be open for beta but I think i'll wait a couple more weeks for a good Grand Opening :D.

Things im planning on for beta:
1. Epic quests for every class
2. Every Major City on the map
3. Sailing from continent to continent
4. Three or four more Deity Battles
5. Apply poison/make poison for rogue
6. Tailoring
7. Pre-made triggered random generated LoTD dungeons

Still more to come but thats good for now
Keep checking in and i'll post where am I'm at. I have an idea to make hero's in this map represent your tastes in a simple way I haven't seen so far in any everquest or other orpg maps i've seen.
*Edited my profile for msn**
Sk8er754-Triggering and Modelling

Last edited:
Level 7
model

Does anyone have or a link to a plain human model? Any plain model will work, elf, human, dwarf etc. If theres no one about I can model and skin one.

*Plain as in no weapons attached or big armor pieces, just some regular cloths like a peasant model*

Does anyone have or a link to a plain human model? Any plain model will work, elf, human, dwarf etc. If theres no one about I can model and skin one.

re-edit1
*Plain as in no weapons attached or big armor pieces, just some regular cloths like a peasant model*

re-edit2
*Alright im currently revamping Halas and it reminded me of my idea for buildings. Alright I can just have the regular building system where you walk up to a building and you can buy stuff.

The other idea is when you step in front of the entrance way of the building and all of a sudden it appears you inside the building. The idea is to instantly move you to an instanced area that produces an illusion that your actually inside the building with your camera also being modified.

I really like this idea but it would take up alittle extra space. I can get around it for the most part by just using a couple more triggers. Let me know if you think this could be a cool feature. This could lead to some other features later on like buying stuff to put inside the house that could be saved.

Like go inside, open up your fill-me-up-chest, see your sword and take it out, it disapears from inside the chest and pops onto your character. Thats alittle to much but is fun thinking about it :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.