• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
okay, so I know i'm not the only one who wants a semi, if not totally free, WoW right? I mean, get rid of pandaria:ogre_rage:, and then do what Defiance did and you would gain so many of your old gamers blizzard. yet they haven't done that much.:goblin_wtf: so yeah, I just thought it would be a cool thing to bring up, because people are MAD at Blizzard. what are your thoughts?

Level 18
Free WoW would be awful, there are enough casuals that killed the game already. They should just shut it down and let Private users do as they please with the client and database on their own computers. They're bad at lore, balancing and can't create endgame even at gunpoint.

The game is nearly 10 years old and needs to just die, there's no innovation in it.

Neverwinter is a much better MMO and TESO will be even better.

Level 1
Abgm, message me your private server, i've been looking for one. anyways, wow shouldn't die, in my opinion they should just fix the game. they've messed up lore, classes, races and basically everything that wow (up until Cata, when it started sucking,) had. so if they found a way to get rid of MoP and Cata, that would make it a good game. Honestly, the next expansion should be a return of illidan or Kel'Thuzad, and intuduce no new classes or races. at least, that's how it should be in my opinion.

Level 11
I am sorry To Inform you guys, that, WoW Will not die unless people stop paying money for subscription and buy the game. I hate WoW Myself, after wotlk, but it woould not die unless people stop paying money for it. Tur its should just lay down and die, but I doubt that would happen for 5 years or so.

Level 24
If the player base keeps dropping in this rate we might see a f2p WoW around their 10 year anniversary but I highly doubt it will be any sooner than that.

Level 24
As hard as it might be for you to grasp there were some moments in WoW a lot of people did enjoy.

Level 24
Blizzard recently talked about the topic of making WoW free to play, however they said it might be a cool future feature that would come when there were other MMO's that pulled of monthly subscription, this could mean that they're indeed planing to make their new project titan into a monthly subscription and when titan comes they'll start to move WoW over to becoming a free to play MMO.

Blizzard recently talked about the topic of making WoW free to play, however they said it might be a cool future feature that would come when there were other MMO's that pulled of monthly subscription, this could mean that they're indeed planing to make their new project titan into a monthly subscription and when titan comes they'll start to move WoW over to becoming a free to play MMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did make Titan subscription-based and made WoW f2p. Although, they said that Titan is unlikely to be subscription based:
Mike Morhaime said:
We're in the process of selecting a new direction for Project Titan and re-envisioning what we want the game to be. And while we can't talk about the details yet, it is unlikely to be a subscription based MMORPG.
http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-unlikely-to-be-a-subscription-based-mmorpg-r84

It is still a very ambiguous statement, but I'm pretty sure it would have a huge negative outlook on Titan if they made it subscription based after what this guy said (unless they are just messing around phrasing-wise, as in it won't be a subscription based MMORPG but rather a subscription based other-genre game, lol).

Level 17
The only subscription based mmos nowadays are the dumb ones, who will go f2p 6 months down the road.
I'm sure every Blizzard title in the future will have microtransactions in it. As a matter of fact WoW has them already (super overpriced pets and mounts anybody ?) and soon enough XP pots and drop rate boosting charms and similar crap.
It is hilarious they get away with selling stuff in a subscription based game, especially considering some of those virtual items cost 25$.
I wouldn't be surprised if Titan ended up being sub based but with a full fletched pay to win in-game store though.

Level 24
The only subscription based mmos nowadays are the dumb ones, who will go f2p 6 months down the road.
I'm sure every Blizzard title in the future will have microtransactions in it. As a matter of fact WoW has them already (super overpriced pets and mounts anybody ?) and soon enough XP pots and drop rate boosting charms and similar crap.
It is hilarious they get away with selling stuff in a subscription based game, especially considering some of those virtual items cost 25$.
I wouldn't be surprised if Titan ended up being sub based but with a full fletched pay to win in-game store though.

I doubt they will make either WoW or Titan pay to win as long as they are subsription based since that would only make them lose subscribors, right now hundreds of thousands have been leaving because their servers are empty and they do not want to pay for a server transfer, so if you shake that head of yours I'm sure you can figure out what would happen if one of the games went pay to win while in a subscription state, because wheter or not you believe this the fact still remain that Blizzard fans wount go through an unlimited amount of crap.

Last edited:
Level 24
sub based mmos r dieing

True, however I believe Blizzard still makes more money of a subscription based game rather than a free to play game and the question is at which point is a free to play game with ingame items to be bought more profitable than a subscription based game? Even though WoW might be loosing subscribors it's far from dead.

Level 9
World of Warcraft Burning Crusade is the best, Lich King is acceptable. The rest is a game of bad quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.