• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would like portrait for model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
blood_1.gif

As stated above, I need a portrait model for this blood elf model.

Located here.

Please and thank you! :)

Also, take note that I do not mean an icon! I am refering to a portrait - the 3d model where the Health and Mana are under.

I'm not going to make a portrait for that model, but I can help you with how to make it yourself.

First of all, does your model have a camera? if yes, then you just need to modify the coordinates in the mdl, if no then you need to add a camera in the mdl.

how to add a camera.
make sure you have these tools.
Wc3 Viewer2
Vertex modifier
notepad or wordpad (I use notepad)
file convreter

search for a model with a camera in the wc3 mpq in wc3 viewer2, if that model is about the same size as your model and the camera is in the right position, then you can basicly copy that camera in to your model, this is how you do that, export the model with the camera you want to copy. When you have exported the model with the camera in to mdx, you have to convert it to mdl with the file converter (make sure you also have a mdl file of your model), open the mdl file of the model with the camera in notepad, normaly the camera stuff is located in the bottom of the code, copy piece the camera code, and paste it in the bottom of the code of your model mdl file, if you copied the code correctly, then the camera should work propperly, but the coordinate may be wrong, to fix this you need to open the mdl file in vertex modifier, here you can see the coordinates, go back to the mdl file in notepad and fix the coordinates.

It should work then.

Awesome model btw...

Level 2
Its not mine! :p I downloaded it, but much to my dismay, it had no portrait model. :( So, thus I am asking the (hopefully) good of wc3sear.ch to make one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.