• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War Zombie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is a map set in a not so distant future, where a zombie outbreak occurs in china and spread to the rest of the globe. The map is set in Europe, where you take control of a European nation, in a diplomacy/Europa - style game and fight against other players and the zombie threat. Zombies are controlled by two players, and start with control of the underground (North Africa in version X), as well as large groups of zombies in Eastern Russia, Middle East, (and Iceland in version X). The human nations each start off with their national boundries, and a number of cities. Cities give income with which you produce units and structures.

The difference in WWZ from other maps of the genre is the style of the map, modern warfare, the ever present zombie threat, that keeps human wars limited, and the unique combat system that makes for a complex and fun game. Unlike other diplomacy maps larger income does not guarantee a victory because of the way the combat system is structured.

There are two versions of the map being developed in parallel. The first one contains the original terrain and unit set up, the second one has a more accurate terrain and unit set up, and has an X after the version name. Both are developed and updated regularly.

List of Countries:
USSR - regular Russian Federation - X
Poland - both
Turkey - both
Germany - both
Greece - Regular Yugoslavia - X
Italy - both
France - both
Sweden - both
Spain - both
U.K. - both

Also two zombie players.

Here is a link to our official forum: http://www.pollama.com/index.php?board=28.0

I have attached the most recent version (1.17) of both regular and X to this post. Thank you for your time. I hope you find this map enjoyable.

Download is available at the download section of pollama.com, our official forum, and in this thread http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=342850#post342850

Level 12
Alright instead of others of its series, how will it be different from other maps of the same name? And are you the first creator? I know someone in RL who says he made a map a lot like this but I don't believe him really, so yeah, is there any way you can confirm that? But judging by the whole fansite you got going on, I am now pretty sure its yours and that you are indeed the original creator.

Now on to the positive things! W00T for me being pro zombie! About the gameplay, since I have not playd the newest version I may not be getting this new combat system, but its pretty fun still. I mean, I guess it is seeing as it is ALWAYS Zombies vs. the whole world with no Human violence at all, new people may find it hard to play. But anyways, decent map, Ill check out whats new.

Level 5
I am NOT the original creator. The original creator is Nos-Feratu. with significant help from MrApples. However when the map was in it's infancy, Nos-Feratu. got bored of making it, and moved on to different projects. I picked up the project with Dante117, from Nos-Feratu. with his permission. From version 1.00 we have gone all the way to version 1.17, with 1.18 in production right now. The map has changed significantly since then to the point where the original map is almost unrecognizable.

About human wars, trust me they happen a lot. At least in games I see/play.
The uniqueness of the combat system is that the human vs human combat system is almost 100% accurate to the way real life wars are fought. It's very fast paced, and very sharp. 3 S-400 SAMs can shoot down 18 enemy airplanes in 2 minutes, if used properly and if the enemy is stupid. On the other hand, a single F-16 can kill all 3 with one well placed bomb if it manages to sneak up on them. Tanks kill each other in one shot, making there lots of room for using terrain, line of sight, and micro to your advantage. Many units have no attacks, but instead cast spells for their attack. Many units can fight at ranges of 2000. Generally the combat system makes for fast paced wars, that are won not by higher income, but by skill in microing and controlling the troops.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

At the moment the poeple workign on the wwz project are myself, TheRussianLord, and HiYouSuck.

Level 5
The map that I'm developing is the original World War Zombie. All of the others were copied from it. Also if you're interested you can try version X. It has completely new terrain and unit setup. Also, as you might have noticed. My version is far ahead in terms of development then all the others. They were all copied (as far as I can tell) before 1.10. The version that I have currently released is 1.19 with 1.20 under production.

Level 5
Uh...... Sweden was chosen because out of all the Scandinavian countries it has the largest gdp, the largest population, and the most developed Military Industrial Complex. It is by far the most significant country in Scandinavia. Sorry to disappoint Finland fans, but this map is modern warfare, and in the modern world Finland doesn't amount to much.

I am trying to make some better hero skills. There's a suggestions thread on my pollama.com forum, and a thread dedicated to hero skills in the gamerisle.com WWZ forum.

Level 20
PT91 Twardy should be polish tank while you are using Abrams :p If you want i can give you T-72 model which PT91 is based on. Altough we got even more T-72 than PT-91.
Polish army got:
Leopard 2A4 - 128 tanks
T-72M - 644 tanks
PT-91 Twardy - 233 tanks
and 1321 BMP-1

Level 5
Are you talking about the split techtrees? Yes I've done my research and know about the Twardy. It's a modernization of the T-72M1. I also know about the Shilka modernizations, being outfitted with SAMs.

Level 5
Airplanes and artillery are not major anti-zombie units. They are only useful in a few cases. F-16's with their AoE napalm bombs. F-22's and MiG-29's against abominations and mutated zombies. MLRS to stun large groups of advancing zombies to buy time for infantry to attack or run back. Msta-M in groups of spammed artillery barrage. Get around 9 and see what they do in terms of supporting a line of 24-48 infantry and medics.

EDIT: Sorry to shoot down your proposal so abruptly but this has been brought up many times and has been tested many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.