• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War 3/World In Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, I am having trouble on deciding if my map should be WW3 or World In Crisis. And I need idea givers in this thread as well. I'll be uploading screenies every now and then, along a percentage of how far maps done.
My map is based upon a Nuclear Crisis in the world, and a war fought over a new source of power that will greatly, and limitlessly increase your economy. Russia, China, and USA are the 3 main countries. Their smaller allies are helping out too.
Percent Complete: |||||||||| 52%

Last edited:
Level 9
My map is based upon a Nuclear Crisis in the world, and a war fought over a new source of power that will greatly, and limitlessly increase your economy. Russia, China, and USA are the 3 main countries. Their smaller allies are helping out too.
Percent Complete: |||||||||| 52%

Last edited:
Level 3
More depth

can u provide more data on the maps gameplay?

also, if ur fighting over an amasing econamy booster, if its like a single point or site the map wil need v fine tuning to not aapear completely unbalanced, make it so many players can get some of the reasource,

and if you need a reasource idea, how about:
when denmark secretly sent submarines to test for oil under the arctic, they found something more powerfull than any could have imagained, now the worlds superpowers are locked in conflict, trying to harness the power of what had been found for their own use, but it seems before that can happen war could destroy everyone, for the power is not without plans of its own...

hahaha good idea right?
as i said more depth

EDIT
----

what mini me said, and luv his avatar

Level 9
can u provide more data on the maps gameplay?

also, if ur fighting over an amasing econamy booster, if its like a single point or site the map wil need v fine tuning to not aapear completely unbalanced, make it so many players can get some of the reasource,

and if you need a reasource idea, how about:
when denmark secretly sent submarines to test for oil under the arctic, they found something more powerfull than any could have imagained, now the worlds superpowers are locked in conflict, trying to harness the power of what had been found for their own use, but it seems before that can happen war could destroy everyone, for the power is not without plans of its own...

hahaha good idea right?
as i said more depth

EDIT
----

what mini me said, and luv his avatar

thx, thats sort of what my background story already contains, but i mstill working on background story. i will also change the screenies formats to .jpg

About gameplay:
Takes place in the whole world, but in the atlantic ocean there's an ultimate power source. The power source is also linked to 12 other geisers that can be captured to unlock new technologies and gives auras, plus extra income. The power is also an alien resource (Idea from CnC Tiberium Universe) and there's creeps all over the map that come from the resource. If I ever complete the multiplayer version fully, I will work on a single-player campaign that takes place in the USA and Aliens are invading, plus you gotta fend off enemy super powers.

EDIT: Can anyone make a world terrain for me? All I need is the outline, which im extremely horrible at. The rest of terrain (doodads, textures, ect.) I'm awsome at.

Percent Complete: |||||||||| 60%

Attachments

• World War 3 Version 1.90.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 77
Level 9
lol, i already converted them into jpg format! wtf is wrong with them? idk...and oh well, my DSl sucks, and it uploads 1 bite per second, not even a kilobite lol. when i get comcast, ill upload screenies as thumbnails.

Percent Complete: |||||||||| 60%

Last edited:
Level 9
!WARNING! KOFI_BANAN HAS THOUGHT OF A GREAT IDEA !WARNING!

Lol, that's a good idea Kofi, I will rename it that. BTW, I don't know if I already told people, but version 2.0 will become a BETA, so I can improve my map further, and people who test with me, get credit.

Percent Complete: |||||||||| 80%

NEW UPDATE ON WW3 MAP, NEW NAME AS WELL. Sorry kofi, I KIND OF stole your urban warfare idea, I hope you don't mind. I am still testing new map, and will upload when new version is ready.

EDIT: New version uploaded now, please give feedback.

Attachments

• (12)USA in Crisis Ver-2.25.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 44
Level 9
Alright, sorry for double post, but thread's inactive. I also need your guys help. I cannot seem to make the map better. People say terrain is horrible, future stuff sucks, not enough buildings, and too many units and too much income.

The terrain I can make better. It'll take some time though.

Fututre stuff, what should i remove/keep though?

There enough buildings.

I could reduce number of trainable units, but then how would map be?

Income I will reduce, but need to make new prices and stuff.

Any other suggestions for me, or any tips to help me fix my mistakes, which idk i cant do? New version also uploaded on attachment.

Attachments

• (12)USA in Crisis Ver 2.45 -opt.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.