• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor - Where Can I Get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I would like to have the advenced version of world editor freely, is that possiable?

I have warcraft 3 frozen throne normal editor I want better one

Level 12
Better? You may mean something that has moer features but is definately not better. WEU is probably what you are thinking about but I am not sure if it is on Hives database. I am positive its on wc3c though so you can go there. It lets you make 16 tiles per tilest and unlimited doodads but its got lots of faults too so... not really better, but different.

Level 34
You have a few options. First get MiscData. It can be found here.
This is pretty much a must for terrain.

Next you can get NewGenWE. I don't really understand how to use it myself.

Last you can get WEU which is awesome IMO. It opens up a lot of new features. It has been reported to corrupt maps. I personally have not had a problem.

Level 11
You have a few options. First get MiscData. It can be found here.
This is pretty much a must for terrain.

Next you can get NewGenWE. I don't really understand how to use it myself.

Last you can get WEU which is awesome IMO. It opens up a lot of new features. It has been reported to corrupt maps. I personally have not had a problem.

Actually, WEU and JASS New Gen can work together. JASS New Gen is only needed if you intend to use JASS, mind you...

Level 34
That is true Earth-Fury. I didn't say you couldn't though. You can use all three together. Isn't NewGen the only special WE out there?

Level 7
NewGen works fine with most other editors. WEU, for example, works with JassNewGen if you put the WEU files in the jassnewgen subfile. I dont think it really matters much though- the way this guy is typing it doesn't look like hes going to be doing jass at any time at all.

Level 34
If you don't know what JASS is, you can't begin to use it. It takes a while to learn. I never have, but I would think it would take roughly a month?!?

Level 7
> I would think it would take roughly a month?!?
About half an hour to learn the syntax. Maybe slightly longer if you have no programming experience.
What exactly do you think the current editor lacks?

Level 3
I personally like WEU but as people have said it can cause problems, one time in particular my computer crashed while i was in the middle of a map and when i restarted, WEU had corrupted it on the crash, thank god i had a backup lol. Lesson #1 with map-making: MAKE BACKUPS ALL THE TIME, you never know when something is gonna go south. lol

Level 8
I too use WEU - I do not use the Advanced Triggers beyond point-remove point. I do use the ability to add up to 16 tiles, the no limits and other bells and whistles which allow terraining to go to greater lengths.

As far as I'm concerned it is a useful tool for doing things for the terrain and using doodads. Triggering should be done in the Regular Editor (the one that comes with the game) for your basic GUI functions. Jass is a horse of a different color - I think that you would find the other jass based programs out there to be more helpful than using the Advanced Features of WEU which can "break maps".

If you are looking for Terraining package there is the Ultimate Terraining Map: All of the pathing has been removed from the models, everything you can think of has been imported and assigned a model in the object editor. It is a great resource that you can use to improve your map.

Of course you do not use all of the models, so you take what you need for your maps (and give credit where due).

Level 4
Thanks for the link. I thought that "jazz" is a program which can be downloaded after some research I discover that there is no such program. Thanks anyway.

Level 19
I think he asks for a editor that makes custom spells like in dota
There is no such thing you create spells with triggers making a map is not easy as you tought

Level 4
WEU which is awesome IMO. It opens up a lot of new features. It has been reported to corrupt maps. I personally have not had a problem.

It sometimes corrupts your maps, but that's not the highest proplem, it also tends to import completely stupid stuff to your maps, such as functions it doesn't actually use anywhere. Optimizer weu has helps a bit, but it does not remove it all.

Also, sometimes WEU functions cause proplems when compiling a map sometimes, which royally sucks.

However, not to say it's bad or anything, but it has it's proplems, so it's not perfect either.

Status
Not open for further replies.