• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

world editor tool palette

Level 3
I am new to World Editor and im currently trying to import some models. But it did not work. There is something wrong and I dont know what it is, I cannot "Select in tool palette" for any custom unit, and my tool palette is empty in the custom section. My map file is in obj currently, because I could not have access to the objects in world editor in the original map file that I had from the start, and didnt have access to it in slk either. So I had to convert the map to obj. I have attached some images on what it looks like after I pressed select in tool palettes. I have been searching for an hour or two online and looking I couldnt find anything about this. I would appreciate any sort of help thanks

In the palette, it shows me the custom items though, but not any custom units. Also when I try to create a new custom unit by right clicking on paladin hero, I only have two options, and both those options are buildings. When I test it by doing the same thing on a new map it works completely fine. And in the slk version of the map I can also create custom unit and select in palette. But as I mentioned earlier I cannot see any custom units in slk, which is why I converted it to obj, but if it works in other versions it means obj is the problem? What could be the problem?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Udklip.PNGgg.PNG
    Udklip.PNGgg.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 3
I imported the model in the map, but some things have gotten messed up in the map. Some creeps have gotten a bit larger in size, and they can now attack things such as fountains etc. And such things are also seen as "enemy" for players as well. And some creeps also attack each other as shown in the attachment below. I really dont know whats wrong, the map works fine otherwise, its my first time seeing this type of issue when it comes to custom units

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
  • image.png1.png
    image.png1.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 11