• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Hi,

I am currently making a Custom Campaign file, with Custom units, items and all of that. Before anyone ask, I am using the most recent version of Warcraft 3.

However, while trying to make my units have access to the custom upgrades I made or have said upgrades researchable on buildings, they don't appear on the Upgrade options, only the standard ones. The same can be said about the custom items I made, as they are not accessible for me.

Here is an example.

upload_2019-11-19_19-31-24.png

As seen here, I have made quite a number of custom undead upgrades.
However,

upload_2019-11-19_19-28-51.png

You can see that only the standard appear.

Custom units, abilities and buffs, they appear no problem, but upgrades and items no.

Can someone please explain why is this happening?
Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-19_19-30-48.png
    upload_2019-11-19_19-30-48.png
    441.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Level 29
Any edit you made to Campaign Editor's Object Editor will apply to ALL levels. Any edit done to a particular campaign map will only apply for that map.

Ah ok. So there was no need for me to make changes to the Custom Data? All I need is the Campaign's Object Editor then?

Ah ok. So there was no need for me to make changes to the Custom Data? All I need is the Campaign's Object Editor then?

Yes. The campaign editor data (everything in that Custom Data tab for campaign) is attached to all maps in the campaign. So, once you put something in the campaign editor, all maps will automatically reflect the changes. You don't need to edit each maps' editor data to make these changes reflected to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.