• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor - JASSHelper Error: "The file exists".

Level 6
I've been using the World Editor daily without any issues for many months. But now I am getting an error. When I save a map (any map) with JassHelper and vJASS activated, an error appears. It says "The file exists". The map gets saved but I can't play it. If I click Test Map, Warcraft III will open but not the map. If I create the game manually, I can't play it either and an error without text appears.

I did some research and only found posts from several years ago. They said the solution was to download, configure and install JGNP, but also found out that that solution no longer works, because Warcraft III no longer supports JGNP since versions 1.28+.
I tried restarting my computer and uninstalling Warcarft III and re-installing it but neither worked.

Does someone knows how can I solve this?

I attached screenshots of both errors:

The file exists error.png

Textless error.png

Level 29
I did some research and only found posts from several years ago. They said the solution was to download, configure and install JGNP, but also found out that that solution no longer works, because Warcraft III no longer supports JGNP since versions 1.28+.
I tried restarting my computer and uninstalling Warcarft III and re-installing it but neither worked.

Does someone knows how can I solve this?
Yes, JNGP (and WEX) is unsupported on most recent version of Warcraft III. Most features from JNGP and WEX are integrated with vanilla World Editor if you have an updated Warcraft III (especially Reforged).

The problem you have encountered here is not related to the JNGP, but more likely an unused files (Temp).
If you go to "C:\Users\[Name of Your Account]\AppData\Local\Temp", you should find a lot of folders and files. You have to delete all of them!
Some people reported that "File exists" error refers to some WE files inside "Temp" folder.

Level 6
Yes, JNGP (and WEX) is unsupported on most recent version of Warcraft III. Most features from JNGP and WEX are integrated with vanilla World Editor if you have an updated Warcraft III (especially Reforged).

The problem you have encountered here is not related to the JNGP, but more likely an unused files (Temp).
If you go to "C:\Users\[Name of Your Account]\AppData\Local\Temp", you should find a lot of folders and files. You have to delete all of them!
Some people reported that "File exists" error refers to some WE files inside "Temp" folder.
Thank you so much Ravager, I deleted all the files and folders in the Temp file and now the World Editor is functioning properly. I thought it was going to take me several days, or perhaps weeks, to solve this issue.