• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Import Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi1

hi1

Level 5
With the recent update of Wc3, my world editor is now preventing me from importing any files. The error message is "Import failed: Cannot copy file to (Location of my files for import)." Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there any way to work around it?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try saving in a folder that your user account has write permission for and is different from the folder the imports are coming from. If still does not work, try turning off anti-virus.

Basically it cannot write the imported files to temporary files when trying to create the map MPQ archive.

hi1

hi1

Level 5
Hm..it still isn't working for me. My PC user account has full administrative access to everything, not sure why it isn't allowing me to import. I tried turning off anti-virus, didn't change anything either. I was able to import files yesterday, but after today's update, it suddenly stopped working :/.

Level 7
Try saving in a folder that your user account has write permission for and is different from the folder the imports are coming from. If still does not work, try turning off anti-virus.

Basically it cannot write the imported files to temporary files when trying to create the map MPQ archive.

I don't use intrusive Anti-Virus programs, I've also tried importing from different folders. It's not either of those two problems; It's simply the update broke things it would seem. Pretty insignificant things (to Blizzard) so hopefully they catch wind of this problem soon; I don't think they'd actually catch it if they didn't hear about it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My PC user account has full administrative access to everything
No it does not. Your user account can run stuff in administrative mode but still will run everything by default in user mode. This is for security reasons as one wants to run stuff in administrative mode as little as possible.

My reply above was made being unaware that there was a new patch. Since they changed the executable structures and paths, try reinstalling the game.

Level 21
I suggest to get a backup version running for JNGP/default editor, like the 1.27 from bnet where you registered your game.

At this point blizz is really messing with the game, who knows what breaks next.

On topic: no idea how to fix imports, i couldn't get it to work by using different paths.

Level 5
I can verify that per 1.28.3's patching the import function is toasted. However~

@MindWorX updated WEX so imports would work on the new version. SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

You can use the SharpCraft / WEX editor while Blizzard is working on a fix to the issue.

This is working as intended! Just need to specify the exe path for WEX the first time you use it.
And luckily, the app automatically navigates to the WC3 installation folder, so we just need to choose the World Editor.exe and it'll fit in nicely.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.