• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Dissables Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
When I open WE and Youtube (to listen to songs while creating maps), I hear no sound.
I check the sound button (located at the bottom right part of the screen) and it detects no sound.
All sounds disabled.
Exept some of WE's.
Help please.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try clicking the gem (lower right of the editor where the two scroll bars meet?). This disables a lot of visuals and sound effects when off which might be cause your problems.

What does this gem do? Well when you delete units they play their death animation instead of "poofing" when active. It is an Easter Egg referencing the Diablo II BattleNet gem that notified one it was turned on, was intended to do something but in reality it did nothing at all.

It could also be you have a rather poor audio driver/controller which cannot support enough sound channels to have both World Edit and YouTube have sound at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.