• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

woot my first model!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Wait what exactly did you do, i only see a diffirent cnp skin and a messed up weapon, i don´t see anything else diffirent about him. Even if you did model something its just a bad edit.
My first skin was also a cnp and like any noob i was so proud of it but atleast my first edit had a diffirent something besides skin.

Level 6
well some people dont do so good on their first models and i am trying to get better but i think its good so dont dl it if u dont like and i am trying to actually fix my mistakes but like cannibal ninja said normal modeling noobs areproud of their first models even though they suck really bad and i am trying to not cnp but its hard since i dont really know how to make my own models work.

well u know wut u can shut yo pie hole its my first model and i wil get better if u dont like dont dl it thnx for critizism though do u know how to fix it?

dont give me the first model excuse. Any one with decent common sense (something you seem to lack, looking at your spelling) could realise this is cheap, ugly and serves no purpose in whatever game. I mean, there's leaves on his face... you took a model and changed the texture.

Look for some real MODELLING, instead.

Level 8
eeep...well figured it was only a matter of time before this site turned into another WC3campaign. But as for the model yea needs much improvment before you should try to submit it. Here a list of things you can do

1. Show the model off in the model forum first to get feedback
2. Spend about a week of refining the model even though you think its finished.
3.Texture defintly needs cleaned up bad
4.fix the weapon even though you probaly know that.

Otherwise besides I like the concept but not exactly the model look you chose. As for all the other comments just learn to selective read critical remarks. Becuase under all that garbage some people spill out there usly a decent suggestion :p

Em!

Em!

Level 25
If you want to fix it well first of all just try skinning, take a peep at the tutorials see how to skin without screwing the wrappings up. Not matter how sucky the skin is just try and finish it don´t start over finishing is what matters. With the model i still don´t know what you did and i think the weapon is screwy cause of the skin unless you deleted a part of the weapon, you can just completly replace it next time, use oinkers tutorial. http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorials.html you´ll be fine mate, when ur done everything you can post up a screenshot of your works and the inmates of the hive will critisise and help you, do that before you flag it as an accomplished work and upload.

Level 14
Looks like all you did was put on a different texture. That isnt modeling. A model is a geometric figure which a skins wraps around to create a unit. Giving a model a different skin doesnt qualify as a model edit (as far as I know). I tried modeling before but I cant find 3ds max 5 or whatever program it is you need. I think there are other ways of doing model edits by the use of some of the tools they have here. Modeling just isnt for me. It might be for you but modeling isnt something this simple. It is far more complicated. I would recomend reading around in the tutorials for modeling. Look at some other peoples stuff and try and figure out how they did this or that. I am guessing you would start off with something small (this isnt small and as I said isnt even modeling) like... I dunno I dont know much about modeling. But I know enough that swaping different skins onto a model doesnt really count as modeling. Oh and by the way if you want to fix the weapon you are going to have to change the alpha channels of the skins. I would suggest you try out skinning if you have any talent in the area. It requires less know how and more talent and practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.