• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wondering About Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am working on a map named Afterlife (that I will be posting here after a little testing's been done), which features several bosses. I want there to be boss music for these battles, and no matter how good WC3 music might sound, it just doesn't cut it. A friend of mine has the soundtrack for God of War 3 readily available and has suggested that I should make use of it.
Here comes my question: If I were to use one/several of the soundtracks from there, would it be "accepted"? Would there by possible copyright issues, and would the Hive reject the map? Clarification would be highly welcome.

Level 3
Sounds like a great relief, will help me quite a bit (if your answer proves to be indeed, correct). With that out of the way, does anyone have a useful trigger for using boss music? So far I have that when the fight starts, it plays the music theme. Is there an easy way to make it repeat itself, so that if you don't beat the boss under the song duration, it plays once more so that it doesn't continue in silence?

Level 22
Sounds like a great relief, will help me quite a bit (if your answer proves to be indeed, correct). With that out of the way, does anyone have a useful trigger for using boss music? So far I have that when the fight starts, it plays the music theme. Is there an easy way to make it repeat itself, so that if you don't beat the boss under the song duration, it plays once more so that it doesn't continue in silence?

Instead of playing the music theme once, just turn on a trigger with the ''Time - Every X (duration of music) seconds of the Game'' event. That way it will play the music again each time it's over.

When the boss dies, turn the trigger off and stop playing the current music theme.

Just a note: as people have said, with wc3 you're free to use copyrighted music within your map (credit the original creator of course). If you do sc2 on the other hand, you will not be able to use copyrighted music within your map due to new restrictions that came with bnet 2.0.

Didn't know that. What a shame. :I

Status
Not open for further replies.