• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wolf Race Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello there fellow people of the hive,

I've been siting recently working on a original campaign concept. I came up with this following idéa for a wolf race, and the campaign would take place paralelly with the events following the end of the frozen throne scourge campaign. I have currently only started a little bit with the story, but it will be something like this:
"For generations the wolf herd known only as the Saberfang Tribe have lived in the barren deserts, proving hostile to no other races than those that threaten them. Recently, due to the legions corruption that still scars the deserts, earthquakes have erupted, their oasis's which they drink themself unthirsty at is slowly drying up, leaving the wolves without water. The so called great wolfmother, leader of the Saberfang Tribe understands that they must leave their former paradise in search of a new one. They gather what belongings they can, as wolves can't carry much, they're up for a long journey with little food or water. This is their quest to the west."
So the campaign starts out with the wolves journey, but will quickly turn into something more exciting, as they stumble upon a legion stronghold in the barrens etc. However I have not fully decided how the race will function, my idéa is something like the following. The maps in which you would have a base with the regular races (like the 1st and 2nd in orc campaign RoC is not a base-map simply because you don't command peons) you will have what's called a Wolf Greatmother, who has the ability to spawn wolf-pubs (babies) who has different upgrades to become different wolves, such as Feral Wolf, Mystic Wolf and a couple more to come. Once the upgrade is finished they become the desired wolf, who in their turn have a couple of upgrades, like armor and attack upgrade, Mystic Wolf Adept/Master training and so on. I understood that this could get rather repetitive and thought I had to come up with something more, just spawn pups, upgrade them, spawn pups upgrade them kinda sucks in the long run. I don't really know what to add more so that's why i'm asking here for your help. Below follows what units / spells has already been added to the campaign.

Units,

Feral Wolf, light melee unit of the wolf herd. Can learn the cannibalise ability which consumes corpes to restore the wolfs missing health.

Mystic Wolf, magical wolf who initially can cast Lightning shield that surrounds the target with lightning to nearby units, can also learn Water Elemental and Lightning Fists.

More to come

Spells, to come.

What i'm asking for is generally idéas for the race mechanisms, units and/or spells.

Thanks for reading trough this, Linaze

Last edited:
Level 24
Hmmm. . . what exactly are you asking for?

More units?
More Spells?

Anyway, here are some unit idea's

Rabid Wolf, Has a "berserk" ability which changes it's control to neutral hostile but increases damage/attack rate by a lot. Also has a poison attack.

Timber Wolf, The timber wolf is a powerful melee warrior capable of dealing massive damage with his/her giant paws.

Lycanthrope, The 'face' or representitive of the pack the lycanthrope can take human form. A pwerful warrior in both forms.

Cub, The cub is a small wolf weak at fighting with little life. He will eventually grow into an adult and he sost's very little.

That's all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.