• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wizard Legend

Reactions: sonofjay
Map Description:
Legend tells of a great wizard protecting the fountain of mana. Unfortunately mana addicted blue dragons claimed the fortress and became the uncontested rulers of this island. End their reign!

Change Log 2023-12-29:
- Improved ally priorites
- FINAL EDITION

Change Log 2023-09-23:
- Shadow map generation done! (Cough, forgot to run Calculate shadows)

Change Log 2023-08-02:
- Fixed graphical glitches

Change Log 2023-04-15:
- Removed some item drops and optimized others
- Two gold mines had creeps set to 'Target Acquisition Range: Camp' (complete brain freeze). Now changed to Normal

Change Log 2023-04-10:
-
Major overhaul of terrain. A lot of changes!
- Accessibility increased; outer wall greatly reduced with new entrances added. All paths less narrow.
- Fountain of Health removed
- Blue Dragon Roost replaced with Fountain of Mana
- Tavern and Goblin Laboratory added
- Added new creep locations
- Two new gold mines
- Creeps and item drops been optimized

Info:

Gold mine, main(4): 15 000
Gold mine, exp outer area(4): 12 500
Gold mine, exp inner area(4): 15 000
Gold mine, exp DELUXE(2): 17 500

1x Fountain of Mana
2x Goblin Laboratory
2x Goblin Merchant
2x Tavern

Creep
8x GREEN
24x ORANGE
7x RED

Comment:
Finally it's done! It took me far longer than anticipated but I'm quite pleased with the end result. It's plays so much better and could be my best WC3 map so far.

Note:
And you can read more about my current projects here on HIVE, what's in the pipeline etc, by clicking the link below.
The mind of a confused map maker
Previews
Contents

Wizard Legend (Map)

Level 6
this map look potential for a competitive 2v2 map imo. All the change that need to happen is to remove the outer purple wall, and decrease the outer round size. path are too narrow but still overall very potential.
In 2003-2004 when it was made I was just happy to get it done. At the time we were about 5-6 friends playing loads of games (LAN and B.NET).
But today I do agree with you :)
I'm thinking of making a complete overhaul, got some ideas to make it more accessible.

Level 6
Hehe, yeah, why not. It works! Thumbs up.
I've considered making Reforged versions of my maps, but I really dislike Reforged. Feels like the good old Blizzard magic is gone. Let's hope for Reforged II :)