• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wizard Tower v1.7.7a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Basic info
In this map, each player has his own role: Warrior (Red), Builder (Blue), Priest (Teal) & Archer (Purple). You have to work together to defend the Wizard Tower from attacks of the Undead.

Features:

Difficulty selection
You can select one of 3 difficulty options - Easy, Normal & Hard.

Enemies
There are 3 types of enemy units and they upgrade over time, after 10 minutes there's a boss fight.

Shop

You can buy items from a simple shop for gold. You gain gold by killing the Undead.

Roles
As mentioned above, there are 4 classes:
Warrior - Can withstand lots of damage and buff his allies.
Builder - Uses towers to defend a certain point, can support allies with abilities.
Priest - Mainly heals and buffs allies.
Archer - Mainly deals damage, can also summon wolves.
Contents

Wizard Tower v1.7.7a (Map)

Hello, just tested the map here's my review:

- Terrain is bad, just one tile, no tile variation, and it's flat.

- No custom spells, you're using Blizzard's spells which are there since 2004
- Some tooltips don't tell what they're supposed to, like your Inner Fire hero tooltip for the Healer/Priest and the Guard Tower for the Builder
- Only 1 shop
- Game is very hard, even on easy difficulty
- No custom items

Overall, I'll rate this map 3/5, vote for Awaiting Update, will change my review/rating when necessary changes are applied, you can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my comment/rating and I'll gladly remove them both.

Level 2
Hello, just tested the map here's my review:

- Terrain is bad, just one tile, no tile variation, and it's flat.

- No custom spells, you're using Blizzard's spells which are there since 2004
- Some tooltips don't tell what they're supposed to, like your Inner Fire hero tooltip for the Healer/Priest and the Guard Tower for the Builder
- Only 1 shop
- Game is very hard, even on easy difficulty
- No custom items

Overall, I'll rate this map 3/5, vote for Awaiting Update, will change my review/rating when necessary changes are applied, you can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my comment/rating and I'll gladly remove them both.
Thanks for the feedback! I highly appreciate it; straight to the point: I agree with what you say, except that "Game is very hard, even on easy difficulty"; when I played it multiple times with friends and other people, they said it's way too easy ( we played it on "Easy") I don't remember making any HUGE differences. After all, this map is supposed to have strategies and teamwork, so if you don't cooperate and have a solid strategy, you're probably going to lose, you can't just head-on fight 1v1 on each side.

I am new to World Editor, I don't know what you mean by "Custom", but I made "Custom spells" and "custom items", if you mean COMPLETELY CUSTOM, I don't know how to even do that xD. (Including tileset, idk wat that is o_O)

Thank you, I'm planning to add more items/shops, add tooltips to spells that need it, and try to balance the game over-all. Also, no need to remove the post, I appreciate it.

Level 23
There is nothing wrong with making a very simply defense mini-game that has a short play session.
However, because of how few features such a map would have; it demands that everything in it must be good and polished.
You only have 4 characters; icon misplacement and tooltip errors are not forgivable.
I personally think that with proper polish, hero/unit design and with more features overall this could be a very fun map.
But as of now it is not that, it does not seem finished.

I am moving this to the too simple section because...
1) It fits the description of that section
2) Its not finished; and rules unfortunately demand that your map must at least have all the planned content working.

When you are done making this map, feel free to re-submit it.
Until then, this goes to too simple.

Level 2
There is nothing wrong with making a very simply defense mini-game that has a short play session.
However, because of how few features such a map would have; it demands that everything in it must be good and polished.
You only have 4 characters; icon misplacement and tooltip errors are not forgivable.
I personally think that with proper polish, hero/unit design and with more features overall this could be a very fun map.
But as of now it is not that, it does not seem finished.

I am moving this to the too simple section because...
1) It fits the description of that section
2) Its not finished; and rules unfortunately demand that your map must at least have all the planned content working.

When you are done making this map, feel free to re-submit it.
Until then, this goes to too simple.
Thanks for the feedback, I am still learning with World Editor, so it makes sense. I'll try to fix all the mistakes. ;P

Level 2
Thanks for all your feedback, people. I'm trying to make a better map like this.
Adding features (if everything goes as planned):
Better details (tooltips, spell placement, map movement etc.)
More heroes
Better hero selection
Monster waves (instead of continous monsters coming)
More monsters
Roles will be different
Better items
Balanced (?; :rolleyes:)
Difficulties also affect looks & amount of waves
5 people instead of 4 (This can cause problems for people like deepstrasz, that complain about solo action playing by himself as one and controlling other 3 heroes :D [no offense :p ])

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
5 people instead of 4 (This can cause problems for people like deepstrasz, that complain about solo action playing by himself as one and controlling other 3 heroes :D [no offense
That's not a problem of the game. It would be luxury if the map would be calibrated depending on the current number of players. I've played it with a friend but we still had to control the other two.

Level 2
That's not a problem of the game. It would be luxury if the map would be calibrated depending on the current number of players. I've played it with a friend but we still had to control the other two.
It would ruin the purpose of my map though. It's supposed to "EDIT: work with all 5 heroes", each having a different role and the need to cooperate with rest of the team.