• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WinMPQ Tutorial - Add Textures In RoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a tutorial on how to use WinMPQ to add textures into Warcraft 3 RoC and it will appear in any map.

First I would like to say it took me forever to find this and I actually never found it I just found it out myself :thumbs_up:. So here are the things you will need...

1. WinMPQ

2. Warcraft 3 RoC

3. Gimp (Optional)
Gimp stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program and is basically photoshop for free and it is great with editing textures.

1. Ok, first download your texture and un-zip it.

2. Next, open WinMPQ and open in the program war3.mpq.
pic1.png

pic2.png

3. Next, Scroll through everything till you get to units section. Or use the .BLP search.
pic3.png

4. Then, write down the file placement (for me it is Units\Demon\Warlock\)
pic4.png

5. Next, press Add then find your texture.blp (for me its Archimonde.blp)
pic5.png

6. Then, for the custom placement type in what you wrote down (4)
pic6.png

7. Next, press ok and open the Map Editor
pic7.png

8. And put down the unit you edited!
WC3ScrnShot_052209_123317_01.png

There you go this works with any skin on this site! Thank you for reading this and i will post pictures and or video link on here.

PS: Dont write inappropriate stuff down because Im only 13 and I really dont want to have to read that kind of stuff thanks!

Battle.Net ID - Bwathke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.