• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windwalk with no windwalk???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hehehe ya im tryin to make the windwalk ability to buff the character that the next hit does extra damage like it does and the movement speed increase but without going invisable and that you could just hit it while fighting something making your next hit do extra damage.

or maybe does anyone know of something other than windwalk that could do something like this? The speed increase isnt too important to me mainly just the extra damage on next attack.

Level 4
Ok, make a dummy ability based of of, oh say, battle roar. Set the damage bonus to 0, set the targets to self only, and set the duration to however long you want the bonus to last. Next, make a custom buff for that ability.

Then write this trigger:

• Extra Damage On Attack
  • Events:
    • Unit - Unit is Attacked
  • Conditions:
    • (Attacking Unit) has buff (Your Buff)
  • Actions:
    • Unit - Cause (attacking unit) to damage (attacked unit) for (XX) damage of attack type (hero) and damage type (normal).
    • Unit - Remove buff (Your buff) from attacking unit
In the above, XX is the amount of extra damage you want to deal. Change the damage type to spirit-link if you want the extra damage to ignore armor and damage reduction.

Also, throw in a special effect attached to the attacked unit if you want it to look cool.

Level 12
What EricDaRed is right but there is nothing about movement speed.
The ability could be based on berserk(from trolls).
Modify movement and attack speed and also the damage taken.

Make a roar based ability and only increase %damage when unit cast this "roar" gets a buff "roar" than set the movement speed of triggering unit to what you like

Than make this trigger:
event
unit is attacked
conditions
attacking unit have the specific buff of type roar
actions
remove roar from attacking unit
set speed to default(afcourse just set to -40 if you set it to +40 in first trigger)

and i think this is about it

(im to braindead in the morning, cant use trigger tags or even think)

Level 12
im too lazy to look atm and check but i think this is it
look for the spell windwalk then look for its buffs and remove the invisibility/windwalk but keep the crit

Um, if you find that anywhere call me ...
Make a roar based ability and only increase %damage when unit cast this "roar" gets a buff "roar" than set the movement speed of triggering unit to what you like

Than make this trigger:
event
unit is attacked
conditions
attacking unit have the specific buff of type roar
actions
remove roar from attacking unit
set speed to default(afcourse just set to -40 if you set it to +40 in first trigger)

and i think this is about it

(im to braindead in the morning, cant use trigger tags or even think)

Umm, this way you will have to make 2 triggers and will be buggy because if you set the MS to the units default MS you will ignore any slowing effects or any other MS increasements.
What is wrong with what I suggested ...

What is wrong with what I suggested ...

"buff the character that the next hit does extra damage"

Edit:

Tested works fine
  • Roar
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Roar
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + 50.00)
  • Roar buff
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Roar) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.50 game-time seconds
      • Unit - Remove Roar buff from (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Set (Attacking unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Attacking unit)) - 50.00)

Level 2
ok i think i got it done but where would i go to change the ammount of extra damage that it does?

Level 12
OMG. Read my post again. I just add to what EricDaRed said .........
Here is the spell.

P.s. To edit the bonus damage go in the trigger editor in the trigger edit the damage dealt and the text.
I added the text as that is a feature of WW.
You can edit the attachments of the buff as those are the ones from Berserk and are made for a unit with a spear.

Attachments

• Ww.w3x
    13.9 KB · Views: 91
OMG. Read my post again. I just add to what EricDaRed said .........
Here is the spell.

P.s. To edit the bonus damage go in the trigger editor in the trigger edit the damage dealt and the text.
I added the text as that is a feature of WW.
You can edit the attachments of the buff as those are the ones from Berserk and are made for a unit with a spear.

there is not always only one way to do the trigger, iclouding this one

Level 12
Umm, this way you will have to make 2 triggers and will be buggy because if you set the MS to the units default MS you will ignore any slowing effects or any other MS increasements.
wait, what do you mean by this? If i set a unit to have 500 movement speed while he has a Cold Arrow Effect that slows 50%, wouldnt his movement speed become 250?

the Cold Arrows buff just cant disappear or stop functioning can it?

Level 12
wait, what do you mean by this? If i set a unit to have 500 movement speed while he has a Cold Arrow Effect that slows 50%, wouldnt his movement speed become 250?

the Cold Arrows buff just cant disappear or stop functioning can it?

True that it will work fine with a buff that decreases/increases MS, but what about another triggered MS change ... where buffs apply for nothing ... like what -BerZeKeR- suggested...

And to -BerZeKeR-
I never said that there is only one way, I never said that using a set value was buggy...

Level 12
True that it will work fine with a buff that decreases/increases MS, but what about another triggered MS change ... where buffs apply for nothing ... like what -BerZeKeR- suggested...

And to -BerZeKeR-
I never said that there is only one way, I never said that using a set value was buggy...
ah good, now i understand

or else my map would be really abusable :p

Status
Not open for further replies.