• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
After I've used the spell in the map a few times it starts to lag. I've read about memory leaks and I think I've got most of them but it wont stop lag. Could someone explain to me whats wrong with these two triggers?

Attachments

• Whats wrong.w3x
    74.1 KB · Views: 45
The periodic timer trigger (the second one) runs all the time. It should run only when the spell is casted.
For that, in trigger "start fire" have an action in the end "Trigger - Turn on (move arrow <gen>)" and the "move arrow" trigger, untick the "Initially on". By the way, there is also a point that should be variable-d. The point with the offset, in the periodic event "move arrow". (Point1 offset by 15.00, bla bla) is a new point to store in a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.