• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is San so sad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Life usually gets better for most people, on the other hand some communities have been going to shit and people have been retreating online, thats a different issue altogether though

Level 35
upload_2018-11-10_8-6-55.png

Reactions: San

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Incorrect, an inorganic being is not truly "alive". A robot for example can only be "shut down".
Shoot the robot with a bazooka and it will die.
About being alive... the only thing that makes you say that is that the robot is manually created as opposed to naturally spawned from small organic matter. But, if robots could make themselves through a sort of cloning process, much akin to how mammals develop embryos inside them, then they would become alive but only inorganic.

Level 22
what makes things "alive" then? What does it mean to live? Does one need to be organic to be alive? What if San is a union of technology and nature? San's organic brain encased in a suit of metal...

@deepstrasz, what if the evolution of organic matter was not natural at all? If some intelligent species had a hand in directing it's path? The same beings who masterminded the toaster jetpack. I mean we only used to mix 'n match gametes but then we learned to split atoms and shit started happening.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@deepstrasz, what if the evolution of organic matter was not natural at all? If some intelligent species had a hand in directing it's path? The same beings who masterminded the toaster jetpack. I mean we only used to mix 'n match gametes but then we learned to split atoms and shit started happening.
Well, who/what made the engineers? Were they too made by others before them or by evolution or by the Architect? So many questions, so little time for monkey brains...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@deepstrasz, maybe if we could break time... Or somehow operate outside of its domain... But later, we need to think of the feelz right now.
Time is a theoretical concept based on the limit of things (planetary movement), for example life.
To go beyond the current universe, we'd have to transcend the human condition and little to no one knows how or can.

Reactions: pyf
Level 22
I dunno, I always thought that time was the amount of change from one state to another, maybe in the elementary particles or something I didn't get to learn because I skipped college. Probably something energy has a hand in but I'm uncertain/ I don't know. I used to think that entropy would ultimately end time but then the arrow hit me in the knee while I was out planting blue mountain flowers and wheat, I could've evaded but I was busy maintaining the 3:4 ratio that I didn't notice the arrow flying towards me.

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.