• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Why is Project Recruitment Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its actual functioning & usefulness as a forum were questioned, that's all. Since the to-be-recruited members had no idea what the author of the map was working on, the author himself would create a Map Development thread anyway, where he would restore the recruitment call.

So yeah, kind of redundant :)
Next forum close to what this was about is the Requests' one, which is proved to be way more useful.

Level 22
People are actually going to start WC3 projects? Here in 2012?

Thank you, that's what I've been repeating for so long, why does anyone come to start WC3 so late?? That's absurd.

i mean, it might be really straight forward, but it is better to just learn sc2 modding

Speaking of which why don't you guys from the past who've done nice models and things try some sc2 modding or is it the wait for the art tools or too old to do such things? Cause I think lot's of the guys on sc2mapster who are clearly not as kiddies as the majority here, are in their 20s and do mapmaking if age is the reason. The editor is far not as hard as some are trying to make it look. In fact, so far with what I've learned with it and I am not pro like some guys in sc2mapster, it doesn't feel harder than the war3 editor anymore.

Level 7
What is the point of creating a SC2 map is now one even sees it?

I have SC2 and Diablo3 but I choose to play WC3 because I'm so disapointed with the SC2 experience, the stupid Map rankings system means it's always the same games being played, and unless your on the first page of maps your game will never fill up... It's not just me, lots of people are unhappy with the whole system.

Even though its been out for a year now most of the costum maps still seem to suck, I can not find a decent costum SC2 RTS map to play, considering its supposed to have so many more options I have seen nothing that rivals the great maps that have come out for WC3. Most SC3 maps you seem to be fighting endless Zerg, I'm so bored of Zerg and I can't stand the space hilbillys that make up Terran, protoss are the only vaguely interesting faction.

Galaxy editor might offer more options but everything seems to take twice as long to do as in WC3.

And another thing, theres no way you can create a decent fantasy style map in SC2, you'd have to import and huge amount of models/interface and sound effects just to get on the same level as WC3.

Theres so many models and recources for WC3 and costum games are still filling up even 10 years on. Just goes to show what a great game WC3 is and thats why I've gone back to WC3.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I agree with marsmalo here, and to add to his arguments, I want to say that most people who make maps for SC2 put close to no effort in them. I've seen so badly made terrains that I feel put off to even try out the map's systems in such. I'm not saying people need to have amazing terraining skills but at least don't leave the map flat and without any doodads what so ever. To be honest, that's what most RTS maps in SC2 are, a giant flat, grassy field with no detail and a small amount of systems, either spawn based or even more generic. So far, In 2 years time, I've only seen around 10 maps which are actually worth the time. Personally, I think blizzard should at least update warcraft III's engine a bit instead of milking WoW till the last penny.

EDIT: who says you can't start a project in 2012? Hell, that's what I did. :D

I Find it so funny how you always advertise starcraft 2 everytime you can xDDD

Yes, I see that too, nothing personal but u just want too much to we all start SC2 xD, thats good of course but how the hell, I have bought original game in Game Shop and then found out to I need internet for instalation, why the hell they do that.

Level 22
With what Blizz adds in HotS I can absolutely disagree SC2 not being more worth than War3 for other than being newer, with better graphics etc. There is a lot more of it now. And it seems if some made maps in BW never tried War3 are clueless about terrain.

But those who know to terrain, I've seen amazing things and realistic too thx to High and up graphics..

Status
Not open for further replies.