• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Why do some models not work || Model editing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it just my stupidity at importing casual models or why don't some work, and another question: Why do some only work after a WE restart?

Example one: Wooden Wall

And inb4 I start a new topic for this question: Is it simple to change an angle of a building in a model editor?
Example: I got a vertical wall, but I need it horizontal, is that simple or does it require skills? And what programs to use?

Thanks in advance

Level 4
Well this model is different tho, it's completly invisible, not just "Could not load model" error. I guess it's the model in this case?

Still unanswered:
Is it simple to change an angle of a building in a model editor?
Example: I got a vertical wall, but I need it horizontal, is that simple or does it require skills? And what programs to use?

Level 15

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Why do some only work after a WE restart?
The game only loads models once. Subsequent references to the model will load the cached model. If the editor fails to load a model the first time it is referenced, it will load as a green chequered cube.

Fully transparent models are usually the result of a corrupted texture. If a texture file exist but fails to load it is loaded as fully transparent black (components 0, 0, 0, 0).

The way team colour blending works is that any non-opaque texels are blended with team colour meshes. If these texels are not on top of team colour meshes then the resulting pixel is fully transparent, independent of the actual texel colour components. If the texel is on top of a team colour mesh then alpha blending occurs with the team colour to produce a blended pixel.

A malformed JPEG content BLP file which specifies no alpha but is manufactured from a JPEG with non-opaque alpha component will appear correctly opaque on the UI but will still use the alpha component for material blending.

Status
Not open for further replies.