• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Why do some models not use their voiceline in Reforged, but in Classic they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

I'm seeing some lovely models (Ported and specifically for Reforged), which unfortunately do not speak in-game.
You can select any voiceline, but they simply refuse to use it while playing in Reforged graphics.
However, if you switch to Classic graphics, the models use their voiceline....

Is there a way to fix this?

Hi guys,

I'm seeing some lovely models (Ported and specifically for Reforged), which unfortunately do not speak in-game.
You can select any voiceline, but they simply refuse to use it while playing in Reforged graphics.
However, if you switch to Classic graphics, the models use their voiceline....

Is there a way to fix this?
there are two types of models; those that use FaceFX (and so they "speak" properly) and those that don't. The latter are usually critters, such as murlocs, elementals, harpies, centaurs... and the former are humans, orcs, elves...
Setting the soundset of the latter will always work, because they don't need FaceFx to function.

If a model was supposed to speak but isn't able to, it's mostly because the importer screwed something up. If the model wasn't supposed to speak, it's quite rare that it is able to afterwards (some people are able to fix it, though, but it's like 2% of the model uploaders)

Level 12
Thanks for the explanation!

it's mostly because the importer screwed something up

Do you mean the person who "created" the model, or the person who imports the model to the map?

Two examples which don't work for me:
  1. An optimized Ysera by Z1003: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/ysera-optimize-reforged-rar.386119/ (he prepared this for me [HD/Modeling] - Reduce size of 3 models)
  2. Or, Inquisitor Whitemane: HotS Inquisitor Whitemane + Alternate Versions

In case it's me who messes something up:
All I do is import the .blp and .mdx file > adjust their names > ready... Not sure if I'm supposed to do more?

Thanks for the explanation!

Do you mean the person who "created" the model, or the person who imports the model to the map?

Two examples which don't work for me:
  1. An optimized Ysera by Z1003: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/ysera-optimize-reforged-rar.386119/ (he prepared this for me [HD/Modeling] - Reduce size of 3 models)
  2. Or, Inquisitor Whitemane: HotS Inquisitor Whitemane + Alternate Versions

In case it's me who messes something up:
All I do is import the .blp and .mdx file > adjust their names > ready... Not sure if I'm supposed to do more?
Ported models (wow/hots) seldom have working portaits.

But why does this only happen in Reforged Mode? In Classic these models do have a working portrait...
because of FaceFx and lack of foresight from Blizzard. If you want a working portrait, import soundsets or give them a creep soundset. Female satyrs and centaurs work in every portrait, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.