• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why Are Categories Disappearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, first the Something Else forum, which I didn't really think was necessary to delete, and next, this game called World War III: Nuclear Sunrise, made by Ham Ham, it used to be in the Hive's Hosted Projects but why was it gone, I was about to post in it when I noticed that... Could we erm... At least keep them up and running somehow, even if Ham Ham is going to be inactive in a while, we might still be able to give some ideas and such... Oh, and about the Something Else forum, I hope that it'll be back again because it was the only place that was could really err... Relax...

PS: I'm getting a bit worried about Hive lately...

Level 4
Shifting a site's focus even further toward the modding of a dying game isn't exactly a good idea at all. I'm not sure what the problem is with having a spam receptacle; it just makes moderating easier, and cuts down on spam on the other forums.

Level 9
Shifting a site's focus even further toward the modding of a dying game isn't exactly a good idea at all. I'm not sure what the problem is with having a spam receptacle; it just makes moderating easier, and cuts down on spam on the other forums.

- Posting after 19 days?!
- Why further away? Since when removing an unrelative category moves Forums further away from the game?
- I wouldn't say *Dying game*, many people still play this and remains a TOP in every cyber-cafe.
- Nor agree, nor disagree with the spam.

Level 7
It was decided that the something else forum was just spam. I heard someone say a while ago that there was no problem in keeping old profiles that were inactive/had tons of bad reputation. I don't see how a few posts can be any worse, and if things got to bad, than we could start deleting the old and inactive threads just as all the hosted forums. And if that is too much of a problem, I don't think it would be difficult to find people loyal, and accountable enough to do the job. I also hear a lot that the chat area of the hive would can be used as the place to post all of your 'stupid' things, but i also hear that it is almost too easy to get banned from the chat. I'm sure these people would love to be able to talk about stupid things again. There's plenty of reasons the something else should stay there, maybe some people would even be willing to work as 'somehting else moderators' to keep it so that it doesn't take up as much space. And if you don't want see all those dumb things that people say, just don't go there.

I think we should just make an poll open to everyone who wants to vote which they would prefer. If the majority says it comes back, it comes back, if not, too bad. With everyone getting a chance, we could also tell if we really are making the hive 'get worse' as Miss Foxy made it sound.

I think we should just make an poll open to everyone who wants to vote which they would prefer. If the majority says it comes back, it comes back, if not, too bad. With everyone getting a chance, we could also tell if we really are making the hive 'get worse' as Miss Foxy made it sound.

Hive is not a democracy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.