• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who i am and wha im about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, im clipboard, i like making maps, i've been using this site for year, never got around to making this out, so now i am. i really enjoy your guys help, epecialy G.F. However, there is 1 thing i have never figured out, and that's the loadingscreen preview. I did everything they say (i've looked at many tuturials) and none of them seem to tell how you get the mdx file..they just all say import it and rename..if someone could help me, i got a cool map that would love a loadingscreen preview if anyone could help me send me a tell please!

Level 6
Welcome!

Welcome to The Hive!!! Enjoy your Stay!...

Hmm...Loading Screens...I'm sorry but...only way i've ever got a loading screen to work was with World Editor Unlimted (Cause it has a Custom Picture Section made for Uploading Those pictures lol...I'f u find out how Let me no ;) id like to know how also...I have a map that chould use a picture...

Sorry i choudnt be of more use =/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hive has many things that Help

I'm a Somewhat "OK" Map maker idk how i would Rank myself with Maps...Snice i dont have Enough Public BETA Test's to really known what People think of them...lol...

Im yet to find a Real reason why i join'd the Hive...But o well lol...Welcome!!!

And i look foward to Any new maps ^.^

(Me and my Freind Team Work Maps...But we Each have are own maps So we help each other with what we can...Though i cant a Dierct Link to the Map it self...I Can Supply basic Info over the Map at....

Wiki : SoLSoldier - Guild Launch Guild Hosting

Level 35
Hi and Welcome to hive.

And sure I like to tell you.

The reson you propably fail is because it doesnt need a mdx file. The map preview just need to be a blp file in the right size (256x256) which is named the correct path. = MapPreview.tga (doesnt work with blp for some reson)

If You want to add a loadingscreen picture again it needs to be the right size (512x512) to be added. Then you need the file I attached. And then you need to give your picture the right path (Fullscreen.blp).

and import the model I attached (link) to map.

Pastebin - The Hive Workshop - Warcraft 3 Maps, Icons, Spells, Tools, Tutorials, Skins, Models, Campaigns, Scenarios

Last edited:
Level 6

Hmm...I'll have to look sometime ^^ Thank you...(All though my freind did it for me...I'd like to known how to do it for myself =P...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hive has many things that Help

I'm a Somewhat "OK" Map maker idk how i would Rank myself with Maps...Snice i dont have Enough Public BETA Test's to really known what People think of them...lol...

Im yet to find a Real reason why i join'd the Hive...But o well lol...Welcome!!!

And i look foward to Any new maps ^.^

(Me and my Freind Team Work Maps...But we Each have are own maps So we help each other with what we can...Though i cant a Dierct Link to the Map it self...I Can Supply basic Info over the Map at....)

Wiki : SoLSoldier - Guild Launch Guild Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.