• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WhIsPeRs In ThE DaRk <Survival>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
WITD_LOGO.jpg

Good evening Mapping Community: "The Hive Workshop"! Since 2 or 3 months , I started with my newest Project "Whispers in the Dark" (WITD), and today I thought , now it's the right time to post it in this Forum (wc3ingame project-view: http://forum.ingame.de/warcraft/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176794).

Map Informations:

Titel%20Bild.jpg

Map Creator: Grievous1 (Northrend)
Clan: Specialforce One (SF1)
Map Website: Warcraft 3 - Whispers in the Dark or Warcraft 3 - Whispers in the Dark (in German! English version in work!)
Map Type: Survival/Action/Campaign
Map Size: 160x160 (Big)
Player Number: 1-10 Players
Language: English
Map File Size: 3,737KB

Description:

Whispers in the Dark is a zombie survival game. But the game isn't like all the other shooters , it has his own gameengine. There is now Finish. It's not easy to describe. You fight as long as you want. There are 50 missions in the game , and they repeat them randomly. So , the game has no end , and you could play it all the day :) .

Features:

Shooting and Grenade Systems
6 Enemy Typs
6 Hero Classes
6 Battlefield
Physicial Systems
Story with more than 50 missions
Flashlight (because the game is very dark)
20 Item Typs

Heroes:

Marine:
Marine.PNG

The Marine is the classic normal hero from the team, powerfull and he have the normal stats.

Ghost:
Ghost.PNG

The Ghost is a headhunter with his camouflagemode he is nearly invulnerable but he has a low armour.

Light Marine:
Light_Marine.PNG

The Light Marine is as the name suggests , realy low armored. But he rules about huge speed , in movement and actions.

Heavy Marine:
Heavy_Marine.PNG

The Heavy Marine rules about a balanced penetrating power and also about a heavy plating , and because of his heavy armor he isn't very fast and flexible.

Enemies:

Infected.PNG

Fast_Infected.PNG

Fat_Infected.PNG

Infected_Hound.PNG

Butcher.1.png

Abomination.1.PNG

Screenshots:

WitD01.png

WitD02.png

WitD03.png

WitD04.png

WitD05.png

WitD06.png

Story:
Coming soon...

Trailer/Teaser (from old versions):

YouTube - Warcraft III: Whispers in the Dark Trailer

YouTube - Warcraft III: Whispers in the Dark Gameplay

State:

Terrain: 40%
Triggers (vJass): 95%
Units: 100%
Heroes: 100%
Items: 100%
Artwork: 100%
KI: 100%

Credits/Special Thanks to:

Talon the Mage, CoderCow, BPX_Thrall (Mr.xXx) and Tomura.
I hope you like my Project-View.

Sincelery
Grievous1%20logo2.png

Last edited:
Level 10
Incredible project! The screenshots and images give good insight into the map and the thread layout shows that there is shortage of effort behind it.

I have always enjoyed co-op maps, especially zombie based shooters, so I'll be waiting on this one.

I like how you are implementing alot of missions with random instancing. I've always wondered why it hasn't been done before in these type of games, as it grows dull to replay the same boring missions in succession without fail. At least this way the remix will spice it up and even after 50 plays you still might have only experienced half the missions. Excellent Stuff!

Could you go into detail sometime about the save/load code? If it is a ranking based system I'd be interested to see What the ranks, requirements and rewards are.

Good luck with finishing it

Level 5
Awesomesauce, this has.

the skinjobs and new models are also awesome, hope they get released after the map is. Good work!

Level 6
third person would really work well with the atmosphere, but controlling a unit with your mouse in a thirdperson point of view is pretty hard.
So third person needs keyboardcontrolls. The Problem is that keyboardcontrolls don't work that well in bnet (1sec delay)

Something between Third Person and Top Down will maybe do its job.

And BTW for the credits.

Konstrukt Doodads are by Talon the Mage
Marineskin, Cliffs, reskinned KonstruktDoodads, UI, big orange door and Zombiewolf by Me (Tomura)

The Rest was made by Grievous I think

Level 14
Thank you very much and now more informations:

Actions in the last day and months:
Closed%20Beta%20Test.png

Version%200.2%20Beta.png

Cristmas%20in%20Whispers%20in%20the%20Dark.png

New Features:
-Music & Sound Director System
-Spawn Director System
-Grenade, Shooting and Jump Physical System
-KI Director for more Action and Fun
-Save & Load with XP and Rank Save
-New Terrain
-Choose System with a good Styl
-A new Class (Elite Marine)
-More Enemys (Smoker, Hunter, Bonecrusher and the Zombie Marine
-Fixxed Camera System with automatic region name system
and much more...

New Beta Artwork and Screenshots:
Elite%20Marine.jpg

Ghost%20New%20Version.PNG

Hunter.gif

Feature%201.PNG

Feature%202.PNG

Fat%20Zombie.PNG

Medic.PNG

New%20Heavy%20Marine.PNG

Witd%20The%20End.png

Last edited:
Level 1
It's not very kind of you to tell 'em that these concepts are yours. Nightwish.ger made them.

Level 10
This is probably one of the best zombie survivals I have ever seen for Warcraft 3. I saw this first a while ago, but lost keeping track of it. I found it again at ModDB recently, and I got back on track. I can safely say this is scarier then most horror movies. Good work to the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.