1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Whispers in the Dark Request: Parasite Beast

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Grievous1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Hi, I need a beast like this:
    [​IMG]
    Another Request:
    [​IMG]
    for my Space Shooter Survival Project: Whispers in the Dark (WITD) please help me.
    I give you credits and a +rep for your work!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That concept pic is obviously from another game, what game? Does the model you want have to be exactly like that or just similar in concept? also, how is this enemy supposed to act? Does it do spitting ranged attacks, or is it a melee beast or what?

>>> answering these kind of questions will help you get the model done, because noone really wants to copy another game unless they like that game, and how its supposed to act will affect how its animated etc.

I might take a shot at making this, I'm only new at animating models but it looks kind of fun, I just wanna know if I can deviate from the concept a little to make it more personal rather then a copied character.

3. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi, This enemy concept is from the Game: Dead Space and was a example. I don't want to have it excatly like the concept and it's a melee parasite alien beast. ^^ Thank you very much for your help! :D

4. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    lol I haven't helped you yet, don't thank me too soon :p I liked dead space, one of the few recent games worth finishing, I just can't remember this thing for the life of me (unless it's supposed to be the unkillable crossbreed thing, but I remember that looking more human)

ok well I've still got a day of work to go this week and then I'm planning to spend the weekend in so I'll give it a shot :thumbs_up:

just one more question, is this thing big like a boss or human sized?

I'm thinking animation wise if it is big I should give it a 'spell slam' animation where it stomps the ground with it's front limbs, and a 'spell' animation of some kind of roar where it lifts it's head and front limbs into the air.

5. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry ^^... Its a big creature like a leader of the parasite infection in my project and a spell slam animation is a very good idea. Here a human parasite version from my project: [​IMG]

6. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ahhh cool, so providing I can successfully do everything I'm implying, do you think it would be a cool idea that for it's spell animation that i mentioned where it leans back and roars, perhaps its ribcage can open up so you could spawn a few more of these guys from it's body? I think that would be a wikid twist in a war 3 map

7. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you but i think the roars animation is a cool idea for this creature.

8. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ok well I got the head and neck mesh done last night, I plan to get the rest of the mest and the uv map done today and the skin and bones done tomoro. Once I've drawn up the skin and mapped it I'll post a screenie

9. Wintermute

Wintermute

Resources:
    Resources:
    Release it to the public, too!

10. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    good news for me :) and now a beta screen for you:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  11. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    does look prety realistic.

12. Wintermute

Wintermute

Resources:
    Resources:
    What're those things sticking out of the floor?

13. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much but this is a wip version.

14. Warhunter

Warhunter

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice terrain! :)

15. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That beta screenshot looks nice, seems like you are putting heaps of effort in to give the map the right feel.... which is something survival horrors always lack. nice work

... I'm a bit behind schedule with the model. I planned to stay in this weekend but I ended up doing more then I do on most normal weekends. Anyhow, I've got the mesh completed and I'm just starting on the uv map now, so I'll be able to get the texture done during the week and I'll look to have the anims done by sometime next weekend. I'll post a screenshot once I have the texture done

Here's a w.i.p. screenshot - parasite.png parasite2.png

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  16. Wintermute

Wintermute

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love it. Wanna see the animations though. Please don't make them stiffy.

17. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks nice Discipline! :) +rep

EDIT: any updates/news ^^?

18. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    hello, sorry it's been taking so long I never expected to be so busy this month. I wasn't quite happy with how the model was turning out so I remodeled parts of it and so I've had to re-do the uv map..... which is something I really hate doing :mad: but anyways now that's over I can finally do the texturing and then animating. Drawing the texture won't take me much time at all so I'll have some updates soon, thx for being patient

19. Grievous1

Grievous1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its ok :) but I have a another problem/request the last enemy in witd (I hope a person can help me with this beast its should be like a <acronym title="Warcraft 3">wc3</acronym> villager and needs a Death (Explode), stand and attack (with his left arm) animation <,< I give you credits and + reps for your work!
    [​IMG] in addtion i have good news the project is by 90% and now I post some Creature and Marine Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  20. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    that new model request reminds me of devil may cry 3 I think. Anyways I just thought I'd show you a w.i.p. of the skin to show the direction I'm heading in. This is still an early shot but u get the idea (obviously all the black parts aren't done and the teeth will be sharp using transparency)

Screeny 2009.04.29.01.02.47.png