• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which TV Brand would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Which Television Manufactures would you guys recommend? I don't need to buy a television right now, but I'm interested in peoples opinions on this.

Please explain why you would recommend something too, and not just because it is what you have right now.

In my household we have two Phillips televisions, and I'm not positively surprised by them.

Image quality is superb, but my own turns off and on at random, which is annoying as it is connected to my computer, and it makes my other screen flash because it "detected a device", the other is in the living room, and when we bought it it would randomly stop working sometimes when you changed channels.

The support however was good, and we got almost the entire TV replaced for free :)

So which Televisions can you recommend, or tell everyone to stay away from?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Most brands offer both cheap mass market products and ludicrously expensive aimed at the rich.

Obviously you do not want a high end one as I doubt anyone on this site can afford one. For the budget ones it is often better to avoid the very cheap ones as for a tiny bit more you would have a noticeable improvement in quality. Also 3D capability still costs a premium so avoid it unless you purposely want to watch 3D.

Plasma TVs may seem attractive but they generally are less reliable than LCD/LED and considerably less energy efficient.

Many electronic sites compare various TV models all the time side-by-side. A simple search on the internet should find you such sites.

Level 14
You should trusts test instead of extremely subjective experiences from random people. They will tell you which one has the best image quality etc.

I recommend getting a non-Samsung TV, or just avoid the "Smart TV" bullshit (it's laggy and slow). If you want a computer-ish experience with fancy interface and Netflix etc, then get a console with it or build a HTPC.

But remember, "Smart" TVs suck ass, they're basically monitors with really shitty computers inside them.

Level 34
I have a shitty Emerson and I'm happy with it. It's quality is definitely lower than name brands, but the difference isn't worth the price tag for me.

Level 21
i have had 2 tvs from sony and they are quite good. i dont however recommend samsung because their technology have a high rate of malfunctions.(i had 2 recorders that were both bad so i returned them both. i also got a harddrive and that kept crashing.) sony have a few glitches like slow startup and a conflict with lg recorders but if you can live with that i suggest sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.