• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which one's the best Arthas model for you?

Which model best portrays prince arthas as a human in your opinion?

• Warcraft 3 - human Arthas

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • World of Warcraft - human Arthas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heroes of the Storm - human Arthas skin

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Starcraft 2 - Valerian Mengsk

• World of Warcraft - Anduin Wrynn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Arthas and derivatives.JPG

Arthas as a human has been portrayed officially by a bunch of 3d models, and has spawned some official Blizz characters that draw massive inspiration from him: Mengsk Jr and Anduin are the closest ones. Which one of these best represents human prince arthas as you imagine him?

(for the sake of answering this question, let's not include 2D art portraying artas icluding drawings and pictures, and let's also not include unofficial, fan-made 3D models. The choices would become too many to list them all if those were part of the question. Let's stick to official 3d models.)

Level 14
While hots-arthas has better detail from all perspectives, his masculine facial features are so exaggerated that it doesn't really look like Arthas how I imagine him anymore. He's become Conan the Barbarian fused with the incredible hulk.

Mengsk and Anduin's models are different enough from my concept of arthas for not being representations of him. I included them because they look like they could be arthas's close relatives: like brother and son, and have some official models. I was curious to see if someone could identify arthas better with their models than with the ones officially dedicated to him.

Level 9
HotS one looks absolutely the best. Humans are strong race in Warcraft universe, and Arthas bears genes of kings so he his facial features are totally noble and ubermensch. He is fit and strong like his viking ancestors (Vrykuls).

Although, Mengsk looks like c*nt and Anduin Wrynn like handicapped boy with autism. They don't remind me Arthas at all except hair color, but it isn't enough to be similar to someone, unless you don't see too much blonde people in your country and they all seems the same for you.

Last edited:
Level 12
Arthas' model/appearance would have been a blast if only he was introduced post-WoD and its model updates, or vice versa. As one of my favorite characters/villains in this genre, I am only left to imagine him as a blast he'd appear like if HD models were a thing in his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.