1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Which one's the best Arthas model for you?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Cuore, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
?

Which model best portrays prince arthas as a human in your opinion?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2017.
  1. Warcraft 3 - human Arthas

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. World of Warcraft - human Arthas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Heroes of the Storm - human Arthas skin

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  4. Starcraft 2 - Valerian Mengsk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. World of Warcraft - Anduin Wrynn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Arthas and derivatives.JPG
    Arthas as a human has been portrayed officially by a bunch of 3d models, and has spawned some official Blizz characters that draw massive inspiration from him: Mengsk Jr and Anduin are the closest ones. Which one of these best represents human prince arthas as you imagine him?

(for the sake of answering this question, let's not include 2D art portraying artas icluding drawings and pictures, and let's also not include unofficial, fan-made 3D models. The choices would become too many to list them all if those were part of the question. Let's stick to official 3d models.)

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Obviously HOTS, basically wc3 HD.

3. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wc3 or HotS. The others look like poo.

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ehh, WoW look better objectively.
    Only problem is that Arthas was introduced in wc3, which is why I consider it to be how he actually looks.
    WoW looks better than wc3, but does not look as much as Arthas as the HOTS version which is a clear improvement to me.

5. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    While hots-arthas has better detail from all perspectives, his masculine facial features are so exaggerated that it doesn't really look like Arthas how I imagine him anymore. He's become Conan the Barbarian fused with the incredible hulk.

Mengsk and Anduin's models are different enough from my concept of arthas for not being representations of him. I included them because they look like they could be arthas's close relatives: like brother and son, and have some official models. I was curious to see if someone could identify arthas better with their models than with the ones officially dedicated to him.

6. BrothForMyPeople

BrothForMyPeople

Resources:
    Resources:
    HotS one looks absolutely the best. Humans are strong race in Warcraft universe, and Arthas bears genes of kings so he his facial features are totally noble and ubermensch. He is fit and strong like his viking ancestors (Vrykuls).

Although, Mengsk looks like c*nt and Anduin Wrynn like handicapped boy with autism. They don't remind me Arthas at all except hair color, but it isn't enough to be similar to someone, unless you don't see too much blonde people in your country and they all seems the same for you.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  7. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean "objectively"? Under any standard I can think of it's clearly worse than any of the three on the right, and is only better than the wc3 one by paltry and shallow standards of polygon count and texture resolution.

8. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arthas' model/appearance would have been a blast if only he was introduced post-WoD and its model updates, or vice versa. As one of my favorite characters/villains in this genre, I am only left to imagine him as a blast he'd appear like if HD models were a thing in his time.