• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which Campaign is your favourite and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

I'm talking about both original and custom ones.

Original : I LOVE NightElf Campaign from RoC. It's probably because i used to hate that race, when I've played WC for the first time. I've replayed it about a year ago and it felt as if I've played that campaign for the first time.

Custom : Probably "Legends Of Arcane: Human Book One" (or something like that). It was quite hard, but really fun. Also, the story was interesting. It had some flaws (for example the terrain was ugly) but just as I've said, it was really fun.

Original : I'm not sure, but I personally liked Human campaign than the rest of the package. The twist is actually real and the sheer amount of mission is astounding.

Custom : I could say the entirety of 'Legends of Arkain' series by @Shar Dundred is on my list. It's hard, yes, but the sheer story value it has is amazing. It also features a well-developed conflict that actually makes you eager to keep moving forward for the story.
I also favor Adventure of Rowan the Wise and Malfurion Quest. Both are @Turnro 's work and are amazing with lots of content and an altered story of the original with more amazing developments.
I also liked my old made campaigns, but I'm sure that's just cause I created it so naturally I would enjoy.

Level 11
RoC:
I love most Orc RoC missions, because the 'discovery of a new world' atmosphere is nice.
Night Elves RoC campaign is great as well.

TFT:
Most NE missions, especially the one inside the tomb of Sargeras. It's nice to visit a place that we heard of in Warcraft II.
Last Blood Elves mission: loved the 'dungeon crawl' side of that mission.
UD: the mission where Sylvanas assaults Lordaeron City, for the level design, and because we get to control unusual heroes (Garithos, Varimathras)
And The Foundation of Durotar of course, for the gameplay and the level design, especially the first act. It was my first experience of a RPG.

Custom:
I loved @OutsiderXE 's adaptations of The Lord of the Clans, Day of the Dragon and The Last Guardian. It's all very well made, with original missions, excellent gameplay and good level design and dialogs. All three campaigns are very faithful to the books, though they have their own personality. I'd recommend them to any lore fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.