• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wher can i edit locust ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I cant find ''locust'' ability in editor can som1 help me?
:?

imgres

Level 24
Module -> Object Editor F6 -> Abilities -> Standard Abilities -> Undead -> Heroes -> Locust Swarm

are you freaking blind or something?

Level 24
no such ability as "locust" anywhere in Warcraft III TFT or otherwise, that's why i assumed you were looking for Locust Swarm.
if ur looking for what ramza said, that is a part of the Locust Swarm ability and is inseparable from it.
if you changed the unit that was used, there would be a bunch of those units going around invulnerable and unselectable. the field for it is Data - Swarm Unit Type. see how it says Locust? under Module -> Object Editor F6 -> Units -> Standard Units (834) -> Undead (77) -> Special (12) there is a unit at the bottom called a Locust. there is no way to make units unselectable in the way that those Locusts are when called upon by Locust Swarm, except for having a dummy unit with one REALLY DAMN LONG LASTING Locust-Swarm-based ability.

excuse me for being right about where to find what you're looking for.

Level 25
Teh_Ephy said:
Ephy's post. Mostly about the Locust Swarm ability

excuse me for being right about where to find what you're looking for.

... You're WRONG

Bloody oath, select the locust unit and look at its "Locust" ability. That makes it unselectable

Yes, they don't wander, but they're unselectable

Its NOT part of the Locust Swarm ability, and I barely even map and I know this

Please don't spurt out misinformation. There is a Locust ability, and it is one of the key features of making dummy units

To my knowledge, it is uneditable

Level 24
i vaguely remember from a loong time ago ppl telling me i'm too hasty... guess that's what happened here :oops:
sorry
i was wrong
:cry: i was wrong...

well anyways now that i've actually checked around for it instead of just dismissing it, it's available under the abilities menu when giving abilities to a unit but not present in the abilities in the object editor, which you probably already know.
so i would guess that you can't edit it because A) blizzard doesn't feel like letting you edit it B) there would be no point to editing it, it only does one thing

actually what do you even want to do with it? unless you're trying to make it a hero ability you might be able replicate whatever you're trying to do with locust with triggers and there might be some glimmering hope that i could be less wrong
:?
and yes, i know there won't be some glimmering hope that i could be less wrong :(

Status
Not open for further replies.