• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

locust ability/ Taking away control of Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making an ORPG. When a hero dies and is waiting to revive, I want to take control of that player's units away until the hero revives, while still having those units stay in his possession. It seems to me that the best way to do this would be to add the locust ability to all his units and then take it away when he revives. The trouble is that the locust ability doesn't appear on any of the ability menus in world edit and I don't know the 4 character spell code for it.

What is the code? Is there a .txt file somewhere that will give me a list of all the spell codes? Maybe there's a better way to do what I'm trying to do...? Let me know what you think, please.

Thanks,
StillJester

Level 10
The "locust" ability has the code 'aloc'. It's the ability the units spawned at the dread lord's ultimate ability have and in the localized versions it will appear under the same name as these animals, e.g. in the German version, it's "Heuschrecke".
By the way, if you press [Ctrl]+[d] in the object editor, you can see the raw codes instead of the names. This can also be useful for descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.