• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you think about?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
What do you think about Torchlight 2

THIS POST IS REFEREED TO RPG MAPS WITH SAME/LOAD ONLY PLS POST RELATED STUFF TO WHAT I MEAN

Do you guys think you will stick with Warcraft since is going to be released Torchlight 2 you can check the game here and this fan site here
What it offer more than Warcraft well here are some of the thing untill is released we cant be fully sure
Pros:
1- So far there is no limit size for mod´s
2- Better graphic that War3
3- It will have Co-op there is no clear statement but it will be between 4-8 for unmoded game for mod´s there is no info(this is refereed more to the TL1 since it didn't have)
4- Well this will be the mos important for modders the builder of the game in torchlight will be released for us like we have it in TL1 and will be much more improved
5- I said it already
6- Its New Game
Cons:
1- So far without having the game i don't know any

All most to forger this game if from the creator of Diablo

And what war3 offers you
1- Very old graphic
2- Limitation blizzard are fucking idiots we live in 2011 the net speed those days is high enough to increase drastically the size of the map or let use make our own .mpq files for the maps
3- And yes its classic game i know i know (i still play it because of that)

Some Videos

And some more videos screenshots here

commoe sorry im like that i like to use more than 1 ? mark and i couldnt change the title is moderator can do it change it to how is showed inside the thread

Please post releated stuff to this game

Last edited:
Level 3
well man i didnt refered to the whole game(if you can think what both game offers you :xxd:) i mean only the rpg games with save/load that will be better for us and 1 thing blizzard had enought time to increase a lot the map size or let us created our own .mpq so what will be better war3 or TL2 think about (only save/load maps:ogre_haosis:)

Level 27
Lol yeah SCII is blizzard's new RTS... and you can't compare a RTS like Warcraft 3 with Torchlight 2 which is an action RPG and indeed as supergood said a newer game.

I've already turned my back to warcraft and started playing SCII because warcraft 3 is already infested with these weird hosting bots etc. But in my perspective Starcraft's system may be a step back to what Warcraft 3 had to offer online-wise.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I do not call them bad... It is a way of expressing visuals in a resource friendly way. Additionally developing realistic assets takes more time as you actually have a right/wrong comparision compared to fantasy art where as long as it fits with the rest it is always right.

Anyone who thinks otherwise probably has real problems.

Level 22
Of course, but I just wish more developers would try out something else, and not pick a decade old, over-used art style. I mean, the two games I mentioned last post are neither cartoony or realistic. There are plenty more options.

Fantasy does not have to be cartoony.

Status
Not open for further replies.