1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What should i purchase?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Metabee, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Metabee

Metabee

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I wna know what program 4 modelling i should buy, i need a program, that can:

Make bones, Make animations, Make particles, and everything i need 2 make a model from scratch.

2. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    3DS Max 5. Plain and simple

Don't get 3DS Max 6 if you wanna use the Art Tools, and be prepared for a lot of learning

3. Modeler

Modeler

Resources:
    Resources:

Dont buy either, use Gmax, its free and has only a few errors more than Gmax.

4. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but 3DS Max 5 can use the art tools. And then I don't get hundreds of questions asking about exporters for Gmax. And add on the fact that the Gmax exporter isn't exactly able of exporting very well, and he said "Buy", I think he's asking about one to purchase <_<;;;

And Gmax can't make emitters for WC3 to my knowledge. Corse I can just make them in mdl, but whatever

5. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I Want to get 3ds max 5 but i cant find it Any where, any1 got any ideas??

6. Metabee

Metabee

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ok, i, where can i get gmax? i wna dl it and try it, or else i'll get 3dsmax 5.

7. Cold_raider

Cold_raider

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ..all i see there is 3dsmax 7.

9. Metabee

Metabee

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just go in2 Products, and then 3Dsmax is on the left side.

10. Cold_raider

Cold_raider

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is the dirrect link to the ones that don't wanna look for it. Gmax is almost as good as 3ds max and it's free :D

11. alreadyused

alreadyused

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hes right you can do alot with gmax...however it is alot more tedious to get a finished product out of gmax. Its free though, vs thousands of dollars just to make models lol..if you learn to use gmax to do your models youll be forced to learn many side steps to a completed model.